Team 15 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SouthDakotaHunter, Aug 25, 2012.

1. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am planning on it. My brother is a biig duck hunter and He has got some friends up around the Currituck area and it is loaded with birds so I definitely want to go!!

2. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you will come across one somewhere man....There is no shortage by a long shot where I live....Way to many slick heads lol....I usually take out my share but one person is not going to make that big a dent around here....

3. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds Good Ill!!

Either one of those bucks in your profile pic will do just fine for the contest lol!!

4. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good man!! I hope you have more eye candy on yours than I have had on mine lol..

I like Antler Geeks as well as 15 & Counting....A team name I saw last year that I like was "Afflicted"...That is what I consider myself to be with bowhunting lol....That is cool you do that kind of stuff. I have worked briefly is that field. Last year our team name was the "Tree Rats" and I found a cool pic of a squirrel with a bow and another architect/designer was on our teams and he decked him out with camo and a bandana and made a logo for us to use as our Avatar...It was really cool....

5. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great point and reminder Josh!! Seems like you see it every year on a couple of teams - someone not able to enter their animals because of one thing or another... As Josh mentioned, Two photos are needed (even slightly different angles will work), bow and yourself HAS to be in the picture and to avoid issues, make sure it's the whole deer (not just head/horns/cape)....

6. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fortunately my hunting partner has been in the contest for a couple years now and he keeps me updated in rules and regulations. My buddy tells me every year there are issues with teammates not submitting everything they need too... hope that's not the case here, don't be modest show off your deer kill, no matter the size, they're all trophys! :)

7. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  8. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well said my friend!!

9. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i like antler geeks or whitetail reaper or 15 and counting for a team name what is everyone useing for broadheads this year i am useing 2 the g5 montec on bear and russain boar and the killzones on deer and fall turkey they both fly the same out of my bow they shoul work good with my 340 fmj arrows

10. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Good question, This year I will be shooting the Easton Injections so my options are limited... for years I shot the Rage broadhead 2 blade and always had good results. I'm leaning towards shooting the 'Deep six, Splitfire max' does any one have any opionions or experience with this broadhead.
    FYI, I just recently purchased the 'Injections', my first impression is very good... I switched to them because I wanted more penetration and speed and its seems to give me both, they have been blowing through my Glendale Full Rut target when my previous arrow (Easton Flatlines) never came close. The only bummer is that I can't put a 'nocturnal' on em!

11. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    NH I am using the Red Head Gators...I have used them for 3-4 seasons now and have been impressed. They have been around awhile. They used to be made by Rocky Mountain but Red Head got them from them...I have shot deer, bear, and turkey with them and they work great. This year 3 different companies came out with similar broadheads including the Killzone...They just flat out work and mechanically make sense...I do like that you can choose a different tip with the Killzones...The Gators are $29 for a 3 pack which is $10 cheaper than most mechanical heads....I have shot a buck and a bear thru both shoulders with them as well and they were still usable.....I am sold on them for now....I have used a bunch of kinds though and as long as you put them in the right spot they will get the job done....

12. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks...Love my Nocturnals lol....

They are some sweet arrows but I just can't swing that much for arrows lol....I would love to try them though.....

13. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I switched from Rage 2-blade to Bloodrunner 2-Blades. I like the Bloodrunners way better then Rage. With the Rage, if you aren't careful the blades come undone from the rubberbands. I also shot two deer with them and never had a clear pass thru. Never had any of those problems with Bloodrunners.

14. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the Rage's before with no problem other than the $$ and them coming open in my quiver...Never had a pass thru problem though.....The reviews for both the Rage and Bloodrunner are terrible...I guess it is just hit or miss with them though. I know people that love them and hate them. The most recent thing I heard was that they whistle in flight...Not sure but I definitely don't want anything that whistles.....Like I said, I know some that like them and some that absolutely hated them....

15. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    For my primary bow (Z7), I'm shooting standard muzzy 3 blade broad-heads on Maxima 250 Blue Steak shafts.... Been shooting the Muzzys for years but this is the first year with the Blue Streaks - was shooting Gold Tip 5575's.... Been pretty happy so far, know my setup this year is a lot flatter than previous years. Sure blew threw that goat like nobody's business few weekends ago...

16. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Funny that you mention that they whistle... my buddy was going to shot the bloodrunners last season but didn't after he couldn't get them to stop whistling. I think it has alot to do with your setup and thats why you have so many mixed opinions and results.

17. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    So does anybody know what happens if you have team members that don't checkin?

18. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    The following is last years winning team's scorecard, the average buck scored 116 inches. I think we can do it fellas!

Team 27 - Total - 1097 1/8"
    Monster Raxx - 50
    rizzo999- 50
    iHunt - 151 3/8
    evilstuff - 50
    wibowhuntr - 50
    rknierim- 50
    iHunt - 50
    racewayking - 50
    MNPurple - 116 3/8"
    rknierim - 67 1/8"
    Hide-A-Bow - 50
    Hide-A-Bow - 145 2/8"
    peakrut - 116 7/8"
    rizzo999- 100 1/8"

19. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys, hope its not too late to check in?? Just returned from Ontario bear hunt...Im ready to go!! Check out my thread story "Babes with bows and bears". Ill be hunting several properties in Waushara County, home of the "Inda buck".

20. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to have you aboard Junior!

Great thread by the way! Looks like a great hunt!