TEAM 15 - Chasing Tail

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by FingerMike, Aug 30, 2021.

1. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe they won’t enter it? I’ve forgotten before. Pissed my team off…. It was an accident lol won’t do that again

Hoyt Pro Defiant
    Easton FMJ
    Ramcat fixed blade

2. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the two guys on that team have gone ghost since they posted on their team forum that they shot bucks. The guy on team 12 I believe is just waiting to get it back from the taxidermist or hear from the taxidermist on score. But team 4 just jumped up in the lead cause shocker shot a nice 150” congrats to him! I only saw does last night going back out this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    In defense of my teammate who hasn’t posted his score yet, he did post the video of the kill and annotated the post “Score TBD”, so nothing shady is going on there.

rknierim and Justin Goins like this.
  4. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i thought he did and just waiting to hear from his taxidermist correct? Nothing against your team at all, sucks for the other team cause they would probably be in first place if both of their team members would post the bucks.

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, he dropped it off at the taxidermist to have a euro mount done. It was supposed to be finished by now but it’s taking longer than anticipated.

Team six would be in first if the two guys who ghosted would post their bucks. I have no idea why they vanished but they each posted a pic of their buck in their team thread.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Justin Goins likes this.
  6. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I shot a buck tonight, made a bad shot. Hit him right in the shoulder. Only a little bit of blood, backed out. Going to search tomorrow. I think he will die but not for sure. He could barely keep his head upper body up and took off like a bad a** out of hell.

mylsuhat, FingerMike and rknierim like this.
  7. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    You guys this buddy!! I bet you punched through that shoulder and hit lungs buddy!! Take your time. When I’ve had to start grid searching which is not what yo ur going to have to do, but I went from where the shot was and headed the easiest route to water and found two bucks doing that. Just in case. But your going to find him today!

Hoyt Pro Defiant
    Easton FMJ
    Ramcat fixed blade

8. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    Anything??

Hoyt Pro Defiant
    Easton FMJ
    Ramcat fixed blade

9. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Well didn’t end the way I wanted it to. Tracked him for about 150 yards, with little blood. Grid searched for 6 hours. Didn’t find him. Think he will live. He went on to the neighbors property and they wouldn’t allow me to call someone with a dog to track him. Sucks. While looking for him i saw 3 bucks pushing a yearling and one of the bucks was my number one buck this season and haven’t seen him since October. Thought for sure he got shot but he has survived thus far. Disappointed in myself. I have put so much time into hunting this year. I have put so many arrows through my bow, practicing. Think i’m just rushing my shot. Going to shoot my bow tomorrow just to make sure everything is still on and get back after it in a day or two. Only got two weeks left. Trying to stay positive and keep at it but just about over it this season

FingerMike likes this.
  10. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    You got some intel now on some other bucks. So if you think that bucks going to live take the intel you got and get er done buddy! You got this!!

Hoyt Pro Defiant
    Easton FMJ
    Ramcat fixed blade

Justin Goins likes this.
  11. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I think he for sure will live. I'm glad i know my number one is still alive but sucks i made a bad shot. Going to shoot my bow today and probably get back at it tomorrow.

FingerMike likes this.
  12. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Who is all still trying to fill their first doe tag/buck tag? I will be heading out this evening. Shot my bow yesterday and it was shooting to the right about 3 inches consistent. Made some adjustments and dialed back in. Still shouldn't have hit the shoulder but it was probably just me, it happened so quick. Hopefully with a little bit of prayer and luck i will get a second chance at a good buck before season goes out on January 2nd

mylsuhat likes this.
  13. FingerMike

Dislikes Received:
    You got this man!!! Redemption time!

Hoyt Pro Defiant
    Easton FMJ
    Ramcat fixed blade

mylsuhat and Justin Goins like this.
  14. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Hotrod9 likes this.
  15. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 8 does and a little 6 point. Might be back at it in the morning but definitely will be out in the evening.

mylsuhat and peakrut like this.
  16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For a veteran on the boards what in the world crawled up your butt and made you so flipping grumpy? It is an online for fun contest in which the winner literally wins like a hat and maybe a shirt or so.

"Totally" worth getting so worked up with someone that has done exactly what - nothing. No score has been given for the deer and no score will be given over 50 if I don't get the score officially done by the deadline of the end of the contest. Instead of spouting off at the mouth, explain exactly how this is shady at all?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  17. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Omg Ty! Like you've never had a bad day and spouted off?! I'm pretty sure that's not the case. How did that saying go... without sin cast the first stone... ?? Have I said anything else? Nope. Don't be so high and mighty, let **** go. I have. Come on veteran of the boards, you can do better

greatwhitehunter3 and tynimiller like this.
  18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me I'm fully aware I'm nothing special for sure. Appreciate the response and acknowledgement was just a bad day is all. I perhaps came back more than normal because there are multiple whining and spouting about it and its just getting quite old. cls74 in the smack talk thread went off to. Apologies for my part, but hope you understand the defense when a shady claim is said of yourself, defense is instinct. Delivery should have been more thought out though for sure.

rknierim likes this.
  19. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    @tynimiller thats why I tried to explain what was going on. I knew you were just waiting for your taxidermist. Now the other two guys on the other team I feel bad for their team cause they would be in first place probably if the two would enter their bucks.

tynimiller likes this.
  20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Team 6 is stuck where many of us have been....sad thing is no one knows if they guys even have the proper photos as they literally took bucks, shared a quick photo and poooof - ghosts.