***Team 14 Official Team Thread***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 19, 2013.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I finally popped the string on one. Not a high scoring deer like I wanted to post up for the team, but it has been a long tough season and I just dont have a lot of high-scoring deer to chase this year. First time in years that I did not even see a deer that would push 170. EHD was harder on us than I imagined. But, I killed a very old buck that is still a great trophy to me and had a fantastic morning hunt. I will post him into the contest tomorrow and will post up some pictures and tell the story then too. He grossed 146 4/8" as an 8 point.

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet....Great Job! That is a monster for where I live.

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First buck taken is one elgible for more than 50, get those 50 points up on the scorecard bud and be proud!!!

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats buddy!!

5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    My buck is entered. Now I need to get a doe killed! Have a great Thanksgiving guys! Be safe.

6. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice one Fletch!

7. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone having any luck lately? I'm going the next two days. Didn't get to hunt last weekend. I've seen some, just nothing really worth shooting. I got one nice 8 point that is hanging around. Maybe I'll see him tomorrow and can introduce him to Swhacker.

8. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Bow season is closed here until about Christmas. I will not be able to hunt until the New Year. I did take my father-in-law out to one of my farms though for shotgun season and he killed a nice buck. He is 70 years old and it is the first time he has ever hunted anything. He was like a 12 year old kid! It was one of the best things I have ever done in the outdoors. He used one of my muzzleloaders (legal for shotgun season here) and pounded him at about 60 yards. Felt better than if I had killed the biggest buck of my life.

9. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome Fletch! Congrats to him. I went this morning. Seen two run off on the way in...so dark, couldn't tell what they were. Then Seen a small doe and spike from the stand. I really thought about letting that spike have it..lol. I got plenty of meat though. So, maybe he will hang around till next year. I did mess with him for a while though...lol. He would walk off and I would bleat. He would turn around and look and come back. After he did that two times he got frustrated I think...lol. Then the last time I let him get about 60 yards and then grunted at him. He turned around and came back to the salt lick...he finally left and went on about is business. I'm going back about 2 today.

10. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Beauty Dave... damn it I have gone and come back from Iowa ...and didnt get to hook up. Same old story, got after a dandy buck and hunted till the end... No dice for me on him. Big 6x6 .. Shot a doe.. Again congrats on a nice big OLD Iowa buck buddy!

11. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Well...I have one more weekend of hunting then its closed till next season. Wished I could have gotten more point than a 100 on the board for us. I also want to thank all my teammates this year for a great fun season of talking on here. Thanks for all your help! So far i've ended up taking 5 deer with my new PSE Revenge...love that bow! It's been fun guys...if anyone else is hunting, good luck!