Team 14 - Midwest Rack Attack

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by Jensen, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another crap sit tonight. Nothing til on way out from stand. Wife saw small buck and few does out of range. Did have one visitor but wasn’t gonna shoot. Last 2 years been having raynauds syndrome issues with my hand, especially ring finger. Went to complete garbage tonight. And wasn’t terribly cold. Not a great sign. Gets worse colder so will be getting gloves out and a warmers and gotta keep it warm. This was about the worst start in years. Might be dropping standards pretty fast this year.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkylarPreston likes this.
  2. MONGO

MONGO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well sorry to hear that Turro, hope it gets better for you. I'm going to get out tonight, see what happens. good luck everyone!

3. preachnhunt

preachnhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like some better weather this week. Good luck everyone.

4. preachnhunt

Dislikes Received:
    We have been open for a month,but I haven’t gone yet. Too many skeeters. I train dogs and run a kennel for a living and we are covered up for fall brek, but next week I should be hitting the woods.

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have Raynauds syndrome (white finger syndrome) as well. I got mine from smoking, climbing trees, and running chainsaws for 40 years. It effects the fingers on both of my hands when it's just a little chilly outside. I just make sure I have warmers when needed. I find my diminished breathing ability from smoking to be more of a concern. :sad:

SkylarPreston and Turro like this.
  6. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that as well, and don’t blame you. Hope not too bad.
    Not sure exactly what lead to mine, but after learning about it not shocked either. It’s mainly focused in my ring finger to the point of can’t bend, but both hands/all fingers get like starting feelings into it. That hands had some trauma from breaking years back on the bone for that finger, froze both hands pretty good a few times, and just always banged around and rough on them. I do a few of the rechargeable warmers as well and stopped wearing my wedding ring, both seemed to cut it back and help. Usually it’s a cooler weather one for me, but stress has triggered it lots too. Had it come on in 70-80 degree weather even, during some peak weeks of some conflicts. Kinda dealing with some now as well... hopefully some stuff eases up and isn’t an issue tons now. Feels crappy when hands get useless and painful like that.
    If the other guys haven’t seen how it can looo here’s a pic from last fall, was out fishing and it was 65 and little breezy, not a day that should cause issues.

[​IMG]

7. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So is that genetic? Or can it happen to anyone that’s had trauma to their hands?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I'm an idiot! I totally forgot to mention that I also had frost bite twice. Both times while deer hunting. I'm quite sure that plays a role in my condition.

9. early in

Dislikes Received:
    That's how all my fingers on both hands get when it's bad. I don't have trouble moving my fingers, I just can't feel them! lol

Turro likes this.
  10. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, not good feelings at all. My other ones get tingly and numb, that one just goes way over the edge. I’ve had it so could barely move it and after it flared up 7 times in a few days the whole next week felt like fingers all had been hit by a hammer. It’s a weird thing for sure. Hear it gets worse as years go too. Not looking forward to what it can get to

11. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    From what I remember looking into it there’s different factors that can get it going. I think genetics can play a part but wasn’t necessary, different levels of trauma and times of it, circulation stuff, stress. I think usually til it’s worse it doesn’t always flare up much or bad, but the more factors will bring it on worse and more often. Like cold doesn’t always do it for me, or stress, or banged up or rough on it. But maybe stressed out and cold or carrying stuff, holding bow or fishing rod or something for a while, irritations.
    My wife had it a few weeks before really stressed out at work which made me realize it. I had lots of milder issues since lots younger but they got like this and worse last few years.

12. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I guess there are differing symptoms depending on severity, age, ect? My condition ONLY acts up when I expose my hands to colder temps than they prefer. Nothing else triggers it for me.

13. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was more how mine was before. Then took a look and saw the stress one when it happened to me in warm and hot too. Think that’s a little more usual too is temp focused. Hopefully it doesn’t evolve to stress too

early in and SkylarPreston like this.
  14. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting out tomorrow with low of 43 tonight and NW winds tomorrow. Perfect temps for opening day. Going out with my dad. We have had good luck on opening day hunting together. Twice we have had 2 does down, hung, and deboned by 10 am. Hoping for one. I enjoy the opening day with him quite a bit. Luckily I have a good wife and she is fine with getting kids ready on her own. I'll be gone Friday - Sunday for a bbq contest so I wasn't sure if that was going to fly.

Good luck to all of you getting out there and enjoy every minute. We wait for these times all year round. Don't take it too serious and remember this is for fun.

15. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We’ve got the same colder temps here, but the wind isn’t good for me til Friday. I can only hunt it on a south or southwest wind. I hope you and your dad get one. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

scarps23 and Turro like this.
  16. preachnhunt

Dislikes Received:
    F0B5039E-C459-4D01-BE89-01153B1599DB.jpeg 64E41D66-24EB-4527-AA95-C38450E35279.jpeg Got a few bucks starting to come in again.
    Good luck to those of you whose season is starting. Be safe!

SkylarPreston, scarps23 and Turro like this.
  17. Illinois Outdoorsman

Illinois Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took the night off so I could be in the stand for opener tomorrow. Hoping for a doe. Unusually low temps for this time of year, low near 40 in the morning and a high of only 59, seems perfect. Hopefully I can get a little shut eye before the alarm goes off. Good luck guys!

SkylarPreston and Turro like this.
  18. Branden

Branden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey what's up guys. Little up date on my side of things. I been out a few times opener was a bust sat two days nothing but squirrels. Sat out Tuesday night started to rain (always have good luck on the rain) had doe and two fawns playing on front of me for about 40 minutes. Decided to let her walk since she produces twins. Other than that not much it's been in the thirty's at night and mid 50's to low 60's all week so I have been seeing buck movement. Buddy of mine got his first bow kill since 91. Hope you guys have some better luck then me

Turro and Illinois Outdoorsman like this.
  19. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna be a chilly one in the Am. Praying for some providential blessings from the good Lord. Best of luck to everyone else this weekend and as we move forward. My time in the stand is going to be quite limited here on out due to other responsibilities BUT hoping to get it done tomorrow :)

20. Illinois Outdoorsman

Illinois Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man it felt great to be back in the stand. Overall it was a good morning. Saw a doe and her 2 fawns and about 20 Turkeys. Turkeys never got close enough for a shot. Sure felt good to be out. Hope to put some points on the board and some meat in the freezer soon.

SkylarPreston, MONGO and Turro like this.