Team 14 Grounded

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AIM, Aug 25, 2012.

1. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be back in the stand Fri. morning. Hopefully something walks by this time

2. J&A+2

J&A+2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got to go Friday morning, saw a 130"+ 8 but he never got any closer than 70 yds :(. Out last night had a 80" 8 pt at 10 yds wish they had switched places. Just saw a disturbing graph on the scorecard page, were tied for next to last. I'll take the next big doe that gives up a shot since our rut is over here so we can start adding points. Good luck to you all as we move into the late season (my favorite part)!

3. KS_archer

KS_archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Disappointing but my season is over. I was not able to bag a buck in Kansas this year. Saw a few great ones but nothing ever gave me a shot. My gear went into storage Saturday due to an upcoming move. I guess I'll have to wait to put hands on any antlers till next year. Spring turkey season will be my next possible time to get out. Hope everyone has better luck than me and can get us some points.

4. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, no good news from me so far this year. It's been terribly slow for me and most everyone i've talked to. The only buck i've seen this year is a spike, and does have been few and far between. Sorry i haven't been checking in very often, but i'm about to graduate from college so i been busting tail trying to get everything in line for Dec. 14. Not gonna get out much this week, but will get plenty oppertunities on the stand after that. Good luck to everyone, we got ground to make up, but I got faith team 14.

5. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I GOT INTERNET BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our line was cut by a farmer and I have been without net for almost 2 weeks well as of 2 pm today I GOT IT BACK!!!!!

6. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just killed a Doe this evening. Put us 50 more on the board. I'll get the pics up later.

7. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I just got my pictures uploaded, and pretty excited to finally be contributing to the team. I almost got two tonight, but the second one saw me when i drew back on her. definitely an exciting hunt. She gave me a pretty good quartered away shot at 40 yards and even though the shot wasn't perfect the G5's did the job. Hopefully now I can get a nice buck on the ground for us. Good luck to everyone.

8. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    Well guys im going to have to say sorry i didn't contribute this year either. Now that im back in colorado, my season is over. I only saw one doe the entire time that was in bow range. I ended up killing a buck but it was with the muzzleloader. I shot the first deer that walked by Monday morning, cause i was leaving for colorado Monday night and needed to put meat in the freezer.

9. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well we are finally getting some nice cold days here in the sip, and hopefully it will get the deer moving. I'll be off for Christmas break after this week and plan be on the stand the majority of it. Good luck to everyone for the remander of the season. Don't forget HE is the reason for the CHRISTmas season, God Bless!

10. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I vote to extend the season till the end of the month.