Team 14 Grounded

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AIM, Aug 25, 2012.

1. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi team. I don't want to step on any toes here by starting the "official" thread being this is my first year in the contest and only my second year bowhunting after a VERY long hiatus. I thought though I'd maybe do the check in thing and then whoever wishes to be team leader can start the official thread.

So here I am "all checked in":lol:

My name is Aaron. I live in Montpelier, Ohio. I've hunted all my life and shot quite a few deer with a gun. I'm hoping I can help the team out this year with a couple of bow kills.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  2. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm checked in here with you as well. My name is A.J. and this is my first year bow hunting. Taken plenty deer with a gun, but look forward to getting my hands on my first deer taken with a bow! Can't wait for the season to start!!:rock:

3. benr7sj

benr7sj Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Benr7sj checking in. My name is Ben and this will be my second year bow hunting. I'll be hunting in both eastern and western KY. Season starts Sept. 1st so hopefully i can get some points on the board early for us.

4. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team 14-
    USarmyMP
    Ajax
    hunter97
    KS_archer
    USFAN51473
    benr7sj
    rednas5
    J&A+2
    AIM
    Jakeratt
    Jmcarlson6641
    frosty452

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  5. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I'd let my teammates get a look at my plan for this year. I have about 10 acres right behind my house that I will be bowhunting in. I have a better and much larger woods a few miles away but the sheer convenience of this makes it great. Get home from work. Change clothes. Walk about 500 yards and I'm hunting.
    I see quite a few does bouncing around behind my house and so far one VERY NICE buck. I haven't got a closeup of him yet but the few times I have seen him I'm sure he is 10+ points.
    Last year I whiffed two shots from the stand shown in the pic and also observed that I wasn't on the best travel route. Hopefully this year I can put it all together for myself and the team.
    [​IMG]
    I am shooting a 2012 PSE Stinger with goldtips and Cabelas mech heads.

6. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you got a good spot AIM. Is that all farmland around you?
    I don't have a map of my area, but I hunt on the edge of some thick plantation pines looking out into a swamp filled with 100 plus year old oaks. Its a great view in my opinion. The tree line runs perpendicular to a good size canal to the north and one of our roads through the place with about a 100 yards in between the two. So I have a pretty good pinch point from their bedding areas to the east and the acorn mother load to the west. Hopefully this has helped give a mental picture of what my main setup will be. I know that if I can connect with my bow I will be posting a picture of a nice tender young doe on here with a month of opening day! :evilgrin: And with some luck maybe a buck that will aid us in knocking team 27 off their throne!!!!:woot:

Also, I am shooting a Mission Venture with Victory V-force arrows and G5 Striker heads.
    Here's to Team 14 Tagging out this season!! :cool:

7. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yall got any ideas for a team name?

I thought about Grounded
    Maybe its stupid, just a thought.

8. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    USarmyMP checking in. My name is Steven. I will be hunting Colorado and ohio this year. Unfortunately i struck out last year but only had a handful of days to hunt, being that i was stationed overseas. I am returning from Afghanistan in early september so will have ample time to hunt. I will be back in Ohio for the rut. Oh and BTW the buck in my avatar is my 2010 bow buck. I have pics of an even bigger buck running the same property now. So hopefully I can connect with him as well.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to have you USarmy and thank you for your service.

As for a team name. Grounded works and here are a few other ideas.
    TEAM:
    Killshot
    Blood tracker
    Broadhead
    Tracker

Or for a bit of humor
    TEAM:
    YoYo
    Confused
    Weasel

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  10. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, Thank you for your service for our country USarmyMP. Always an honor to work with our Nations Heros!

Have any of you fellas been apart of this competition before? This will be my first.

11. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first. If nothing else it should be some fun just meeting teammates. Hopefully we'll have a full crew here in the next few days. Then we can play with team name. Captain, etc.

On another note.. USarmy. My son is in the army as well. Iraq then Afghan. Stationed in Baumholder Germany for 5 years and recently stationed at Fort Drum in New York. Artillery while overseas but now heavy equipment Operator.
    I'm DAMN proud of him and you.

12. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. My name is jake and this is my 3rd yr doing the contest and 5 yr bow hunting. I live in schyuler county il. I will post more later tonight when I am on my computer. Not my phone I will start the new team thread also if u want me too. Or I can ask jmbuckhunter or fitz to change the thread name

13. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    Team names :
    Carbon injection
    Leathel injection
    Tree rats
    Tree huggers
    Double lung

14. J&A+2

J&A+2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff checking in, 1st time in the contest also but have been bowhunting 16 years. It looks like we have a good range of team members already and am glad were are representing the armed forces of this great country. Really looking forward to the season to get under way but really won't have much treestand time until late October. As far as team names anything fine but not really into being referred to as vermin... sorry Jake ;), any of the others seem fine. I was part of a local team contest a few years back under the name Team Crimson which we won and then were known as Kings of Crimson. That's all I got for now I'll check back in a couple days, hopefully we'll have a full cast!

15. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Likely the best way to keep this organised is to leave this thread as the "check in" and then after we have a full crew we can have the team captain start a new thread and let this one drift away.

I just figured that way so the "official" thread isn't started with 2 pages of "Hi my name is Joe and I'm an alchoholic" "I mean I'm checking in".

Is Jakeratt interested in the team Captain slot? Guide all us newbs through our first year in the contest.

16. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good guys looks like we are getting a full crew on here. JUST so everyone knows if we do not update each other on our sits and keep this thread a live we will struggle. You will notice the threads that stay alive are always killing deer. I should be able to make the 200 point club this year. I've got a couple of bucks running around between 150-180 just depends on which one I can get on film and get the job done. As always I will take a doe down at the first chance I get I am running low on meat

17. benr7sj

benr7sj Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checked the cam on my mineral site this morning and ive had a ton of does and a small buck come in both at night and during the day. We have gotten some rain over the last couple weeks so the clover is finally starting to recover on my food plot. HopefuIly the deer start using it. If i can get a shot i'll be taking a doe early since the freezer is empty. I'll be buck hunting on our lease in western KY in November.

18. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    This will be my third or fourth year in the contest. I know it was said already, but i just want to reiterate that if we dont talk and keep the boards alive, it seems like those are the teams who dont do so hot.

19. hunter97

hunter97 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunter97 checking in My name is Conrad and im from Nw Mo. Have deer hunted with a gun for 9 years and killed 10 deer. First year bowhunting and first year in the contest. Team name thought is... Carbon Poisining

20. frosty452

frosty452 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Frosty checking in. This is my 2nd yaar in the contest and 4th year bowhunting. Last year came across a couple of large bucks one I had a clear shot on a 10 point but already had a buck (ohio is a 1 buck state) I hope he is still around