Team 13 "Venison Vigilanties"

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by jfergus7, Aug 29, 2011.

1. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing here... I only was able to hunt Sunday morning and the winds were steady at 15 to 20 mph. Seen two small bucks early on and headed out of the stand fairly early. This should be a pretty good week to hunt in Indiana, gun season opens on Saturday. I might be able to get out Saturday morning this week - that will be it though. Any thing I harvest is going to have to be a post rut kill. That's ok because I have a lot of acorns on my property that hold deer, especially when the snow starts falling.

2. Atkbowhunter

Atkbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    was out tonight had a 130s buck come 45 yards from me and gave me no shot must frustrating thing but happens , going to try and get back after him tomorrow ,

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had a very uneventful weekend in Jo Davies County. Will be back at it later this week. Did see one giant on the property last night hopefully he is staying in the area!

4. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    What happened guys?

This place got quiet... We got to 2nd place and everyone just stopped talking?? lol What happened? Anyone still hunting for big bucks? Who's moving on to gun season this weekend?

I am going to cut out of the office early and get a hunt in this evening and then will probably get back out on Saturday morning (opening of gun season here in Indiana). Look to keep hunting with the bow into gun season.

5. brunyan

brunyan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its gun season here but I will be out with my bow this weekend trying to tag one. Good luck everyone.

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still hanging out and reading posts guys. Just don't have much to say because I am not hunting.

So good luck and keep at it.

7. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to all you guys out this weekend!!! I will be back out most if not all of next week! Can't wait! Been a slow season for me so far haven't seen hardly anything yet but that will change!

8. Atkbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    going out tomorrow morning last day of archery here , going to my camp for bear season next weekend then after that starts gun season here , ill be hunting with my bow for the most part for the whole season , trying out the action cam tomorrow from wild game , havent decided how i feel about it yet ,

9. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My job has me walking the great Iowa country side all day.
    Came across these guys at Lake Manawa State Park, just down the road from my house.
    To bad there's no hunting in the park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    anybody been hunting? the orange army is out in full force here. Our state will have guns in the woods till the end of deer season. Here's to 2012! lay low bucks lay low!

11. Atkbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    just got back from the camp our group got a 200 pound and 500 pound black bears , ready to get back after the deer , PA gun season starts in a week ill be out with the bow of course , heading up to my uncles place in eire pa he has some big ones running around going to give his stand a shot for a few days

12. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Probably gun hunting all weekend - I was in hopes someone else here would have done put another big buck down. If that was the case I'd probably try and fill my bow buck tag. If I can't fill it here in the next couple of weeks I might have some luck with the bow once we get some snow fall as I've got some great late season locations once the snow falls. Just sit on them acorns and watch things get busy!

13. pastorandrew

Dislikes Received:
    happy thanksgiving team! I hope you all had a blessed year and get the opportunity to reflect on the freedoms we have been given by our forefathers and Lord Jesus Christ! Oh and GFY can you give me a GO LIONS!

14. pastorandrew

Dislikes Received:
    And my lions laid an egg! lol

15. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been on in a while pc was down for the count and in the shop for repairs
    Haven't had a chance to get out much and now shotgun season is on here in Iowa so archery is on hold for a few days.
    I've seen some pretty nice bucks while out working so I know they're out there, hopefully I can add to our total soon.

Don

16. pastorandrew

Dislikes Received:
    anybody did anything? I feel like our team thread is a ghost town, oh wait, it is! Somebody shoot somethin! lol

17. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey sorry I haven't been around guys, been busy with final's week and just life. Got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is my property is pretty hunted up, happens every year about this time the deer just have exited the area looking for better food sources (hoping to fix that next season) Also I have been gun hunting and will be again this weekend. BUT I recently got ahold of about 35 acres of good property to hunt scouted it today, found the biggest scrape of my life. I will be there this weekened but if i see good activity I will be back there through out the next few weeks, I dont have school till Jan 9. wish me luck!

18. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same here Jake, no school until January so I'll be out and about right after Christmas

Don

19. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not having any luck getting anything in range
    I've even tried some stalking but no luck
    Going to try one last time Tuesday after school

Don

20. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well I know I haven't been around in awhile. Congratulations to all of you that were able to harvest deer this season. Sadly I can not say that I did this season. It was a very uneventful year for me. I never saw a deer within 150 yards of me.