*****Team 12- Top Pin Terrors*****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Tyler Durden, Aug 19, 2013.

1. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Working some more OT today. Its only a half day though so I'll be out this afternoon and tomorrow. Hope I can connect on something for the freezer. Only have 2 packs of meat left from my doe in Sept.

2. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Nothin doin for me yesterday evening. Today isn't lookin any better so far either.

3. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Well the freezer will be close to empty for another week. Oh well hopefully next weekend my luck will change for the better.

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm rootin for ya Rem, don't give up!

I can't even imagine not having venison for the year. I'm single and usually take 4 just to get me through

5. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em' Remy! 3 deer for me this year and I'm anticipating the meat to be gone relatively quick. I havent been out for any december hunts yet due to some issues with my bow. I cant tell if its a form issue or if something is wrong with my set up, I'm not happy with my accuracy from 30+ yards. I decided to put it down for a week or two to let my mind off of it. I'll keep practicing and just set up in close quarters this week when I get a chance to hit the woods.

6. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'm gonna have OT again this week on Friday and Sat. So I'll probably only get out Sunday. Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I'm one of those optimistic type guys and try to keep my head up always. I have until Jan 31st to hunt here in RI so I sure hope to get at least one more for the freezer. It amazes me how much the hunting changes after the guns enter the woods.

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys I need to apologize for not being here much the last two weeks. Last week we took the kiddos to Disney World for the week. So, hunting has pretty much not existed for me for two weeks. My window has gotten pretty short but I am still hopefully to get out another day or two and try to put a few points on the board for us. I might just have to shoot one of the wife's deer in the backyard. lol

8. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    No worries dude, I think we've all lightened our hunting efforts a bit to tend to other areas of our lives, its just that time of the season. I havent been out since november 20th and probably wont get out until next monday. I'm really looking forward to some of those cold, crisp, late season sits though. Good luck out there, have fun!

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck over there Eric, we don't care if those deer are handfed and wearing collars! LOL

Did anyone else notice somebody enter a buck that was shot with a muzzleloader??! Hilarious!

10. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    Haha yeah I saw that! He obviously had no idea it was BOWhunting contest. Nice buck though, I'll give him that

11. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Haha. No I've been super busy and missed that. That would've gotten a good laugh from me for sure.

12. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Well instead of only going tomorrow I decided that I'm gonna hunt in this snow we have coming this afternoon. After I get off work at noon I'll be hitting a spot for the evening hunt. Its a spot that I think may produce for me as I haven't hunted it yet and have a feeling there's been some decent traffic going through there. Hope I can stick one this evening then get some much needed Christmas shopping done. Haha

13. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Well nothing for me this evening but I did see a nice at least 6 point out at about 75 yards. He was on a different trail that I was thinking about setting up on but decided for the other trail instead. Needless to say I'm gonna be sitting that trail tomorrow evening, weather permitting.

14. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it Remy, you'll get him. Good luck!

15. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will finally be back out in the woods tonight after taking a break for almost a month. I going to take my brother with me as he has never shot a deer. He's been hunting quite a bit this year and hasn't seen a deer. I'm setting him up in a pretty good stand so he should have a decent shot at getting a doe. We've got a ton of snow on the ground. Nothing better than hunting in the snow IMO.

And of course I'm still looking to get a doe for myself and another 50 points for the team.

16. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck to you both. Stick one!! :thumbup::D

17. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My brother and I doubled up last night. I shot a doe and he shot a button buck. It was his first deer and he was pretty excited. We recovered his last night. Unfortunately, I gut shot mine so I waited until today to recover it. The coyotes got one of the hams. Ill post it up on the scoreboard later tonight.

18. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats dude, thats awesome! More points on the board for team 12. I finally made it out for a sit tonight and snuck into a thick swamp. I almost ended up tagging out on a decent 6 pointer. I let him walk by me at 14 yards broadside and almost drew on him, then I began that internal conflict of "should I take him? or let him walk?" I ended up opting out of shooting him. He wouldnt have been an upgrade on the buck I shot in November, and he looked like he had good potential, so he will live to see another day. In all, I saw 8 deer today, which is about the same amount of deer I saw the entire month of November. I'm hoping my sit tomorrow will be as productive.

19. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Big congrats dude!! Good stuff!

20. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about the crappy cellphone pics.

Attached Files: