*****Team 12- Top Pin Terrors*****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Tyler Durden, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Don't Poke the Bear

Don't Poke the Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there boys! The rut is just over the horizon, I can feel it. I was out scouting the other day on one of my prime time properties and found 4 scrapes and at least a dozen (maybe more) quality rub lines that have popped up within the last couple weeks. My relentless pursuit of killing a buck starts tuesday morning, I'm hoping to catch one up past his bed time. From then on, I'll be in the woods every tuesday and thursday all day, and some saturday mornings.

2. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome man! :thumbup: I've never gotten a turkey before. I do have a fall archery turkey tag just haven't had the luck to have one cone that close yet.

3. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys I'm hoping tonight is the night! I'm going to the stand I shot my buck out of in 2010 on Halloween. The wind is perfect and he have gotten pics of 3 130-145" bucks in the area. Still debating on taking the video equipment, not sure If I want any distractions while in the stand tonight. Wish me luck!

4. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there dude!

5. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck brother. Be safe out there.

6. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Got a voicemail from my father a couple hours ago. He said he saw a dead buck on the side of the road not far from my main hunting area. He said it looked very much like the 8 point that I'm after. Pretty bummed about it but what can you do?!?! I just gotta keep my fingers crossed that it wasn't actually him and keep my spirits high.

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Good luck tonight and keep us posted.

Just an update from Saturday. Was a decent sit although it was cold as hell. 26 degrees in the Carolinas is not fun. lol. I only saw one doe. The leaves were falling like crazy and it sounded like a heard of squirrels most of the morning. She came up on my 7 o'clock and skirted into a thick bedding area. I only had eyes on her for about 3-4 seconds so there was no chance at a shot. Heard several turkeys but that was about all the animal action I got.

So I got down and went to go check my mineral site and pull some trail cam pics. Found that my apple block had been relocated from my mineral site and the camera was nowhere to be found. I swear thieves make me furious and can damn near suck the life out of a hunt. Pretty bummed but not much I can do about it at this point. I just pisses me off. I mean if they know enough to move my apple block, why not leave the camera too? Or why even move the block at all? It has to be the neighboring property.

Well just gonna suck it up and keep grinding. Muzzie opens up here Saturday so the pressure on the deer is only going to increase from here on out. I wish everyone better luck than I've had. Keep grinding boys.

8. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    I absolutely can't stand thieves! Sorry to hear your cam got taken man that sucks bigtime.

9. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Got a chance to get out last wednesday and set up a new stand. Got out again on saturday morning, but no deer. the state land i'm hunting got hit hard with small game hunters the last two weeks....so i think that hinders deer movement. Have never really seen much deer activity there during the middle two weeks of archery. Once the rut activity picks up....the deer movement should as well (i hope anyway).
    I have off Friday so I'll be out then and again on saturday. Hoping this season get better soon...because it has been terrible so far.

10. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its finally time for me boys. I don't have to work from now until the 18th of Nov. Rain is in the forecast up here for the next couple days. I'll be locating those scrapes in the rain, and sitting on them as soon as the weather breaks. Hoping one of those big boys want to freshen them up.

Don't be surprised to see an overload of pics in this thread over the next 10 days. I've got a good feeling team 12 will be moving on up the chart.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nah, ruts over...just go back to work :) (good luck brother!)

12. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted last night. I came very close to putting 50 points on the board for us. It came down to a situation where I just plain ran out of shooting light.

It seems like a lot of people are having slow seasons. I have to tell you guys, the deer movement and harvest has been great in my neck of the woods. I've seen lots of deer every sit. There has also been three really nice bucks taken in the last couple weeks within a 1/2 mile of my spot.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing some good points go up for our team next week.

13. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Action has been non-existent at my IL spots. Lucky if I see deer at a distance at last light, kind of strange actually.
    If I can get motivated, I'll go to Wis this weekend. I think I'll have better odds with the temps up there, even if its just for another doe for the freezer. Still in the low 60's down south, and I have a feeling nothing has changed.
    Another week, and activity just might explode.
    Good luck to all!

14. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    I'm planning on hitting the woods pretty hard this weekend. I'm hoping that the 8 point wasn't the buck my father saw dead on the road the other day. Supposed to be warm (mid 60's) on Saturday not looking forward to that. Friday and Sunday should be pretty decent though.

15. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Just remembered that this Sunday muzzleloader opens here in RI so I'm definitely hunting hard Fri and Sat before they flood the woods.

16. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow its supposed to be rainy with wind gusts up to 45!! This blows(pun intended) I'm not gonna hunt in that amount of wind. :(

17. Don't Poke the Bear

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going out for an afternoon sit in one of my prime time locations. I'm gonna get there pretty early to do some blitzkrieg scouting as quietly as I can and then get up in a tree. Its a little warmer today than it has been for the past few days, but with this rain and wind coming though tomorrow, I bet the deer will be moving tonight. I have a really good feeling about tonight, I think its gonna be a good hunt.

18. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    I think you're right dude. Today should be a good day considering what we have hitting us tomorrow. I would definitely be out this evening if I were able to leave work in time.

Good luck bro. Be safe!!

19. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's crap weather here right now. Looks like rain through the weekend too.

20. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The rain has past in my area. Just foggy. As expected there are scrapes littered through this valley of apple trees. If I was a big buck I would be out and about checking my spots after the rain.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2