Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

Christine, I think it may be a good idea to PM your number instead of posting it since this is a public forum that can be seen by anyone on the planet. In this day and age of technology it wouldn't surprise me if some sick individual could use your number to find where you live. Probably not, but why risk it? JMO

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, I appreciate the concern but I have my number and address publicly posted in many places so if someone wanted to find me or call me, they could already do so.

I did have someone claiming to be a hired assassin message me on facebook. I didn't comply with their demands and they never did show up. Or perhaps they did and the chickens got 'em. Between them and the dog, there might not be much evidence left. ;)

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of my many, many guard chickens. :)

[​IMG]

4. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    I would do the same thing, but I would put a note on two sides of the tree so if the guy comes to get his stand and sees from a distance it isn't there he doesn't turn around and walk away with out seeing the note which may be posted on the opposite side from the direction he is entering from.

As far as the shotgun hunters that are sneaking on goes I'm not sure that what "I" would do would be good advice as it could get you in trouble. :evilgrin: It's really hard to get a trespassing problem under control because you don't know when they are there. You pretty much have to waste your season patrolling it so you can catch them, get the law out there and prosecute them. The first thing I would do is to put up No Trespassing signs about every 30 feet. It isn't cheap to put up so many signs, but it is intimidating. It sends a "LOUD" message that you are serious about going after trespassers. Just make sure to use a ladder to put them up high so they aren't easy to tear down. You could also put up some fake hi visibility (white) surveillance cameras around the perimeter to make them worry about being caught. I would have a realistic looking antenna hooked up to it too. I would make something that looks like a solar panel facing up at the sun and a battery box up there too. Make sure there are pieces are cable connecting the components so there is no way to tell that it is not a real wireless surveillance system because you can expect them to use a pair of binoculars or a scope to try to see if it's legit.

I would also let law enforcement know that you are having a problem with with trespassers every year and ask them to please keep an eye on the place.

The bottom line is that trespassers suck and are hard to get rid of. I had to indirectly threaten a guy once with a "hunting accident" if I caught "someone" trespassing so it was better if he and the other neighbors I was offering a reward were to catch them and contact me so I could prosecute.

I guess your safe Christine. That chicken looks like one tuff mother. He looks like he would pick apart an attacker. Always good to have a ninja chicken around for protection. :ninja:;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Put up your game cams and catch them.

6. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Number is sent!

7. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you are trolling for weiner pics :evilgrin:

8. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have put up a lot of signs.. About every 50ft. I have taken the stands down and the land owner has them. The land owner has called him. I know he thinks he will just go out there and do what he wants.

As for shot gun hunters I don't hunt gun season. So I wouldn't be wasting my season. I just can't be out there all the time to keep people out. I really don't trust the gun hunters around here they will shoot anything that moves.

9. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team Red Mist! Feel free to use the team avatar if youd like. Good luck this weekend! Hope you can connect with that 10 and put us on the boards early.

10. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there this weekend Dave! Feel free to take a pic from the stand and rub it in to all of us that HAVE to wait till Oct. :throw:

11. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jimmy, I hope you are able to get on one of those 10's. Best of luck to you this opening weekend out there.

Keep us updated.

12. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this weekend Dave! I wish I was going to be out there too, but I just found out last night that the tenants that rent the house where I planned to hunt have been letting their kids run go carts all over the small property I was going to hunt so I'm not sure if I will be going out there or not.

13. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dave!

Slayer I would go out. With the weather cooling off and the nights get longer the deer should be moving. You never know deer adapt well. I know around here the farmers are always driving their trucks and 4 wheelers around. The deer get use to it and it doesn't bother them.

Besides what else are you going to do this weekend.. :poke:

14. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Id be out there for sure! I may have to wash up the camo and go sit in the woods just to feel what you guys will be feeling lol

15. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    I may go out there and look around tomorrow if I get a chance. I need to meet the tenants anyway.

16. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to remind everybody, as we are all getting ready to start hitting the woods, make sure you take 2 different pictures of your kill with yourself and your bow in it. It is very important to do so. The kill will not count if the pictures are not done.

Headed out tonight for the first sit. Looking to put 50 on the board for us. I will keep you all updated!!

17. PY_HUNTER

PY_HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! I will be headed out on Saturday.

18. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Here we go, were on the board. I was able to connect on this nice doe last night. I had a very good hunt. Lots of deer activity, 4 does and 3 small bucks that were all in full velvet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again man!

20. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Dave! Way to put us on the board early. Good talking to you on the phone too. Next time we will have to talk when I'm not half asleep.:D I try not to pull those all nighters like that very often!

Cut little one you have posing with you in the picture too!:cool: