Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be sure to head that way and ask around! May be making a road trip to beat it out of someone ;)

But yeah it sucks big. It was in a woods that only two other guys besides me have permission to be in so i have a pretty good clue who did it. I had one stolen last year out of this same woods too. Shoulda learned from my mistake and put a chain on it. Oh well nothing i can do about it now. Glad i still have a few other stands i can hunt or i woulda been strictly ground hunting, which is what ill be doing in the woods my stand was in. Too good of a woods not to hunt it, which is why i figure they keep getting stolen cause i can put deer down unlike the other two who arent as passionate about hunting as i am. Hope karma comes back and bites them in the @$$ when they see me driving past there house with a 160 incher hanging out the back of the tailgate!!!!! bastards

2. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

That SUCKS!!!! :mad: I have had 2 stands stolen.. I lock all of my stands now!!! 20 - 25 bucks for 3 cable locks well worth it.

Are you sure someone is not sneaking in and stealing them. I found 2 stands on my property last fall from people sneaking in.... :mad:

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the stand. I usually don't hang a stand, just use a climber because I've had stands stolen too. :(

I did have a ladder stand on public land. It was a cheap one and chained up... but I was still happily surprised every time I went out and it was still there.

I hope you get a 160" buck too.

4. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Caleb, you are right my friend. Every point counts in this game. We need to all kill a doe and get on some good bucks.

Jordan, man I hate hearing stories like that. That always gets under my skin. I like your attitude about it, "oh well nothing I can do about it now". Time to get out there and still get the job done.

5. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be investing in some chain and a pad lock for my next stand for sure. Too much time money and effort just for someone to take it! I know theres a lot of good people out there, but man ya gotta hate the sh*tty ones thats for sure! Took a few cold ones to simmer down after seeing it was gone but i told myself im not gonna let it get me down and im still pumped for DEER SEASON 2011!!!!... Get Some! Now if only october would come a little faster, these days are starting to drag @ss!

6. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the stand. I got sick of having stands stolen every year and I was afraid I would beat someone to death if I ever caught them (even if it wasn't my stand I caught them stealing) so I try to stick to putting up and taking down my stand with each hunt. I hate doing it, but it probably helps keep me from over hunting spots.

Huddy Hunter,
    I will definitely swing by just let me know when and where. :cool:

P.S. To any tree stand thief who might ever read this team thread. If you ever come to my neck of the woods pray I don't catch you stealing a stand because even if I can't beat you "fair and square" I will beat you dirty and into a big round red spot. :mad::mad::mad:

7. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    If someone would be willing to send me our team logo I will replace my avatar with it.

If you can get a doe and any buck I'll be happy for you Caleb.

8. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    AMEN!!! Ive got the front end of an xterra id be more than happy to shove up there a$$'s!!

9. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Back on page 5, Jordan (Waggs) posted it on there. I just saved the pic to my computer and changed it from there.

10. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is it stealing if you find stands on your hunting property. A property where you are the only one that has permission to hunt. Is it stealing if you take those stands or blinds?

11. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks BowFreak (& Jordan).

Nope. They give up their rights to ownership of the stand by putting it there. Then it belongs to the property owner. Probably a good idea to clear taking any stands ahead of time with the land owner though. Just in case they decide to give a nephew or other relation permission and they forget to tell you. You don't want to make the land owner mad. Less likely they will forget if you clear it ahead of time too. The way I see it any illegal stand is fair game. Besides, any deer taken using illegal means (like an illegally placed stand) is technically a poached deer and poachers don't deserve any respect anyway IMO.

12. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

We have made a deal with the farmer that owns the land. We mow and help with the farm in exchange we have sole hunting rights. This is the first year of our sole rights. The land owner has told everybody that they can no longer hunt his land. We have been told by the owner to kick everybody out we see on his land. If that doesnt work call the sheriff and he will press charges. There was only 2 others that had permission bowhunting (one of which was a nice guy the other an a$$hole).The guy that was an a$$ was already kicked off before we made the deal. What we are more concerned about are the shotgun hunters that have been kicked off this land. We also have guys that sneak in during shotgun season.

The a$$ still had 2 stands out there after being told to get them out. :mad: I have 2 questions.
    1. What would you do about the guys stands?
    2. what would you do about the shotgun hunters sneaking on?

13. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You could take them. In my opinion if he still hasnt got them he may be planning to hunt there. I dont see why someone would forget to grab them. Maybe put a note in a zip lock bag nailed to the tree saying that if he wants the stands back to give you or the landlord a call.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  14. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ball busting!

Ill kill a doe for each of us this year...lol

About the bucks, they are there, and ive had my encounters. This very well may be my year. As always, there are rumors of booner sized deer in the area. Well see what the season brings. This will actually be my first FULL season of hunting since high school...pretty excited.

15. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Caleb - I hate to say it, but I think this is your year. You will tag a buck this season. I'm confident.

Either way, the Bunnies are gonna whip your ass.

[​IMG]

16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Thats the plan buddy, thats the plan....

17. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I also believe this is your year Caleb. Do you have the firefighter work schedule?

The cold is starting to roll in. Cant start chasing bucks untl Oct. 1 but I have an early doe season this weekend. Really looking forward to laying down a doe and just plain getting in the treestand. Hope to be able to put us on the board for 50 points.

Also, if anyone is intrested in keeping contact with eachother other than the computer, PM me your name and cell phone number. I will PM everybody back with a list of contacts of our team members. We will be able to keep eachother updated while we are on the stand or whatever. Just let me know what your thoughts are.

18. PY_HUNTER

PY_HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So do we have a team name yet? Bow hunting starts this weekend in Wisconsin, going to head out in Pepin County and see if I can get on a big main frame 10 I have been watching. Good luck everyone who is out this weekend.

19. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Im "Supposed" to be on a 24/48...

But i get stuck with alot of 24/24/24/24/24/24. Which sucks for the social life and hunting time, but does Very good with my wallet.

20. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my cell # 847 913-3601 I have a full data plan, so text whatever... unless you're like Vito, in which case, plz keep the weiner texts to a no more than one per week. :D