Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bowfreak, bummer about finding the dead deer. :(

ILL Buck, do you have a break down on the score of your buck, I think you need to post that on the score card as well.

Caleb... GO KILL A BUCK WITH YOUR BOW!! That's an order! :)

2. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright Team 11, late season is fast approaching. Its time to make our push once December hits, I will be off for the last 3 weeks in December trying to zero in on one of my bucks I am after. We are sitting in the drivers seat in my eyes. We are holding 2nd place down as of the last update. Few more bucks and does for everyone that hasnt smoked one yet and we will be competing for this thing in the end.

Stay after it team, I can smell some bucks being killed in December!!!!

3. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out tonight and will be hunting Sunday also. Looking for a couple certain bucks or a big ole doe!!!

Whos hunting this weekend?????

4. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season here in illinois. Back at it next week! Ive went too long without killing anything and passed up numerous shot opportunities. Time to stock the freezer up for the year!

5. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to put another good doe down last night. I have grown to love bowhunting in the month of December with snow on the ground, theres just something about it. I will be hunting for one more doe and will be chasing the bucks I am after for the rest of the season. I will post some pics up later this weekend.

Stay after it team and good luck.

6. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Dave!!! I haven't been out lately, starting to get into goose and coyote mode. I'll try to get out a few more times and see if I can get a doe in the books for us, not sure how things will go after shotgun season though, heard tons of shooting :biggun:

7. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I have updated page 1 of this thread to show what everybody has shot and entered into the contest. We still have deer to be shot, 8 bucks and 5 does!

8. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's gun season here in Iowa. I'm on a hunting break till the 19th. In the mean time I got some new land to hunt. I went out to scout it today, I pushed out about 15 deer and found this guy dead. He was gut shot by a shotgun hunter.

IMAG0357.jpg

9. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a shame!

10. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer, that was a really nice buck. :(

11. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Alright, freezer is full. I have killed 3 does in the last 4 sits. I love bowhunting in the month of December!!!!! From here on out I am after a couple bucks. I have work off for the rest of the season, hunting 3-4 times a week. I will be headed back out tomorrow where I know some of these bucks live. The best weeks of December are still to come.

Anybody else having any luck?

12. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No hunting till after the 19th for me. I do have 2 new set ups to hunt. I have found 5 dead deer in my last 3 trips into the woods.

13. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your success BowFreak. I need to find me some good doe spots like that down in southern Michigan this off season. When you have spots like that it's worth traveling a few hours to fill the freezer! I haven't been out in a while and I'm not sure when I will get out. I was sick for a few weeks and I finally got over it 4-5 days ago. For about a week during that time I was VERY sick. I was starting to think I had that H1N1 flu. It really kicked my butt and my body seems to be slow at recovering. Right now all my spots are being hunted by or are burned out by others. I'm just not up to scouting new spots yet and I hate just walking into the woods and picking a spot, but that may be what I have to do if my body doesn't hurry up and recuperate soon! Good luck on getting a buck and good luck to the rest of you!

14. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy strangers,

Havnt been out for a couple weeks here...on purpose. I have till Feb 7 to shoot a buck in Ohio, so there is alot of late season hunting ahead for me. Might be the devils advocate and actually try baiting this year.

15. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out Christmas morning (my first time in 3 weeks) and saw 2 bucks that have already shed 1 antler. 1 of the bucks was the Great 8 I have been chasing and wouldn't you know it he came in and gave me a great 20 yard broadside shot. I might be crazy but I let him walk. Not even 10mins later in comes a nice 3 year old with left side gone. Hopefully I can get on one of these other bucks before they shed too.

16. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everybody had a great Christmas this year. Mine was wonderful, we got to break the news to our family that our 3 year old daughter is going to be a BIG sister! I am extremely excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay after it Kris, hopefully there is a big boy still packing both sides for you. Good luck finding those sheds.

Hope you can get back out there Caleb and kill one.

Lance, hope you start feeling better man. All new season starts Jan. 2.

Christine, congrats on another doe.

Season closes Jan 1 here. I have four hunts planned for the rest of the season. I will be hunting Tues, Wed, Thur, and Sun. I will keep ya updated after each hunt. Conditions are looking good so far. I am going into where I know 2 of my good bucks live. I am either going to kill them or find their sheds in the upcoming months. I am hoping for some snow to hit the ground this week but we will see of that happens.

Good Luck everybody and keep after it. A couple deer and we could be right back in this thing.

17. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Well team, my season has come to an end. Our season in Michigan closes on Jan. 1. I have had a good season and I have no regrets. I was able to fill 4 doe tags with my bow and had the chance to chase some truely great bucks. I felt I pushed when I needed to and I stayed out when the conditions werent right. It just never came together 100%. At the end of the season I ended up passing a total of 18 different bucks around the properties. This shed season should be a good one, thats for sure. As far as I know it, my four main bucks have made it through the season. The late season never really panned out here in south central MI. The weather really never got cold enough, I was always dealing with low 40's and overcast skies for the last 3 weeks. The very last night of the season I was able to see some extreme deer numbers. I saw a grand total of 47 deer on the last night of the season, not a single one of them was packing any head gear.

Its time to start finding out what bucks have made it through season now. I will start shed hunting very soon here also. For you that still have some season to hunt, I hope you get some chances to get out there and enjoy it and hopefully put one down in this late season.

Good Luck, keep my updated!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  18. PY_HUNTER

PY_HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, my season in Wisconsin is done and i'm eating tag soup! Arggg Was hoping for a great late season, we had 3 acres of beans left just for the deer and we didn't get any snow to make them come out during daylight hours. Pretty frustrating, but now its shed hunting time real soon. Sorry I couldn't contribute to the team with a kill and congrats to everyone that was successful this past season.

19. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    2011 is now in the books. Hunting season and the deer contest has come to an end. I had a great time meeting you all and talking to you through the season. It looks like we ended up taking 4th out of the 28 teams, not to bad.

20. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    4th place is nothing to be ashamed of! Im sorry i couldn't contribute more to the team, though i did warn you all ;) My season goes into February so i will still be hunting ;)