TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Were going to be right around 800 points guys, we have 4 people left who need to take does. Then its the bucks, 6 of us still gotta put one down, the 4 we have already though are AWESOME!

Keep up the good work, im heading out as we speak!

2. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope all is well with everybody. Really looks like we are starting to get into the bucks. Congrats again to all that have laid a buck down in the last couple of weeks.

Well my season is making another change now, gun season has arrived. I was out yesterday with bow in hand hoping to see some of my bucks one last time before they go underground. I was not able to see a single deer, that was ok because when I pulled my trail camera cards they were still hanging around. I will not be doing a whole lot of hunting for the next couple of weeks, just a little here and there. My buck sightings pretty much go to zero once gun season starts. My trail cameras are going to be my work horses for the next two weeks as these bucks go completly nocturnal. My next push will be starting in December. I have December 10th through the rest of the season off. This game plan has definitly worked for me in the past on these small properties, so dont count me out yet. Here is a deer I have been waiting to show up all year, looks like he is cominng back to the property to hide out.

[​IMG]

Keep after it team, lets make this push all the way to the end. Good luck.

3. Huddy Hunter

Huddy Hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To my team 11 team mates,

I want to apologize to you as I didn't hold up my end and contribute to our point total. I hunted hard but, never saw a deer all season long. I've got plenty of pics on my trail cameras but, they are all during the night. Needless to say I am really frustrated at having to settle with tag soup this season.

Congratulations to those of you that were able to put a deer down this season. You all are a bunch of great people who represent "hunters" in a positive light. Although I didn't contribute, it was a pleasure being your team mate this season.

Stay safe, God Bless!!

Mike

4. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mike,
    I know it's Michigan and up where you hunt it seems hopeless after the gun opener, but there is still December. If you want we might be able to get together to at least find some does to kill.

I don't know if you are baiting or not, but if you are then that could be why the deer are nocturnal where your hunting.

5. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    BowFreak, do you only hunt private land?

6. Long Beard Gobbler

Long Beard Gobbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well its been a hard season and i sorry for not getting on here a whole lot to let you guys know whats going on but i finally connected not a big stud but i like it better than tag soup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ps the date is messed up on the camera its like off by a month idk why haha

7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gobbler! Thats another 50 points for our team!

8. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gobbler. Looks like some good eating!

9. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gobbler.

Lance, yes in Michigan I am only hunting private land.

Huddy Hunter, I know hunting gets hard after gun season starts, but we are only half way through the season. There are some great chances during the late season. Hope you can get out there and enjoy the cold months in the woods.

10. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Update..... once Gobblers buck is entered for 50 and Christines buck is entered for "110", that will put us at 677. Dont forget we still get to add the monster ILL BUCK killed, which I have no idea what he is going to score.

11. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gobbler!!!

It's the weekend let's go put some bucks down!!

12. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gobbler!

13. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man!!

14. Long Beard Gobbler

Long Beard Gobbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the rifle season started on the 19th so i decided to go out and try some new setups with a rifle and take a little break from bow hunting. So i am sorry that i couldnt get this guy with the bow and enter him in to help the team but i thought i would share it with you guys because he is my second biggest deer i have ever gotten and im getting him mounted. I have no trail camera pictures of this guy so i dont know where he came from. :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS- i fixed the camera after noticing that it was off so that date is right ;-)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  15. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on that buck too!

FYI teammates, I finally did a careful score on my buck and he comes out to 110 6/8".

16. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everybody is doing well. I havent been out over the last week, I dont hunt much during the first part of gun season. I like to let my areas sit and let the deer just settle back in there. The property I hunt has the best cover around. Yesterday I went out to check my trail cameras, on the way out I found 2 dead deer ( 1 doe 1 buck). Both were shot in the guts. That was just walkn on my path I have out there, it will be intresting post season scouting. All pictures are night time, which is what I excpeted. One good thing though, my buck I call Fish Hook made it through the heavy part of gun season.

Gobbler, congrats on another buck.

Christine, you called it, 110"! Congrats again.

Lance, I am putting my maps together about the property in Ionia County we talked about. I will be calling you soon.

Caleb, I told you earlier this year I thought your time was going to happen around turkey day, hope you get some chances to hunt. I will be looking for the text or call.

Keep after it everybody, the season isnt over. I was just moving a stand yesterday trying to do everything I can to close the distance. Fight to the very end. You never know when its going to happen.

Hope everybody has a great turkey day with your friends and family.

17. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up my rack from the taxidermist and he is an official scorer. He came up with 18 scorable pts. 178 4/8 gross!!

18. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
  19. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    ILL BUCK, congrats again on that awsome deer!!!

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy boys,

Havnt been out for awhile because of my schedule. Gun season comes in Monday, but i will be out with my bow this weekend to try and close the deal (finally). The woods have been untouched for over a week now.

Congrats to everyone who has scored gun or bow, were in a pretty good spot right now. A few more does and 1 or 2 bucks and we could honestly win this contest.