Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have come down with deer cooties. The deer have done a pretty good job of not coming anywhere close to me the last couple of hunts. ('cept for the lone deer that came by at 6:22pm, when I was starting to climb down.) :(

Tomorrow is another day tho'.......

2. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight I saw bucks pushing does, Bucks fight and bucks checking scrapes. Things are starting to heat up Iowa.:nana:

3. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heres a little update on how my vacation has started. I was able to see "Fish Hook" Thursday night. The closest he ever got to me was 65 yards. He was making scrapes and raking the weeds with his antlers. Pretty cool to watch for close to 20 minutes. This morning was a great morning to be in the woods. Saw 6 different bucks and a number of does. There was one buck I would have gladly shot if givin the chance. Just was WAY to dark to get a shot. This morning was aslo the first time I have ever seen a buck fight in the woods, pretty cool seeing that after 16 years of hunting! These have been my best 2 sits so far the last couple of days. Definitly looks like things are starting to heat up. Keep after it everybody and have a good mindset, you never know at this time of the year!!!!

Good Luck.......

4. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear you guys are seeing some action. I went out yesterday morning and saw a mystery deer about 100 yards away :( and then I had a dinky bodied spike walk through my 15 yard shooting lane twice. That little guy couldn't have weighed more than 90 lbs. My boyfriend was hunting about 400 yards away and had a 130" buck chase off some doe fawns that were headed his way. He hasn't gotten his antlerless deer yet so the buck just kind of ticked him off. :)

I'm not hunting today because it's really windy and the park was expecting at least 600 people to show up for a trail run. ..sigh..

5. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    I still haven't seen a shooter buck. I know it's not just me because nobody seems to be seeing much of anything moving out there.

I saw a young buck cruising early and then had a lone doe stop broadside in a shooting lane. I rewarded her cooperation by sending a muzzy through the top of her heart. :)
    [​IMG]

It's supposed to be really windy tomorrow but I'll try to get out there anyways. Maybe time to put on the shaggie suit and try ground hunting.

6. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on a nice doe Christine!

7. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats... That should teach her for not leading a buck to you... :poke:

8. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Christine, congrats on a real nice doe, now just got to get out there and kill a buck.

How about it team, how has the hunting been going? Hopefully everybody is out there enjoying the November woods. I am still grinding it out. I am closing in on the fish hook buck. Tomorrow is the day, be ready for the text messages to come in.

9. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen a lot of small bucks but nothing of any size yet. This weekend should good. The first weekend in Sweet November has been good to me.

Good luck Boys and Girl!

10. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Christine on another kill! Dave ive been waiting everybody for that text to come from you! Hoping its soon man! Looks like next chance ill have to get out is saturday morning. Weatherman says ill be looking at 29 degrees that morning so if that dont get things goin I dont know what will! Good luck everyone in the up and coming weeks!!

11. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    I am still hard at it team. My vacation is coming to an end on Tuesday, but I am giving it everything I can. I have been hunting my @$$ off. Many hours in the treestand and a total of buck big buck sightings. I am really looking for the 7th to be a good day. The hunting has been on and off type deer movement. One day I am in the thick of things and the next day I am struggeling to see a deer. My season runs to January 1, you can bet I will be grinding this thing out. Fish Hook is going to die this year!!!!

12. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just checking in. I've been at it pretty hard the last week and have seen lots of deer. They kinda petered out on me for a while but were moving g yesterday. If I had been in my stand a half hour earlier yesterday afternoon I would have a big 9 on the ground. Noticed they have been moving around 2330 here and not much in the mornings.
    My buddy shot a 125 in 8 last night, its about to be full swing here, just got in the tree next to a good bedding area, feeling good about tonight.
    Good luck to all hope to start getting BBC txt soon!!!!

13. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Things are heating up here bucks are chasing. I had 2 close encounters with a 150 8 point this weekend and saw 2 bucks bigger than him just out of range. My buddy took this guy on Friday. Good Luck put em down!!

IMAG0341.jpg

14. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, a 150" 8pt is a real nice nice eight. Very cool buck your buddy got too.

15. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up teammates?

Ive been out a good number of times in the last week or so. The hunting has actually been pretty slow for me, and i think all the pressure weve been putting on the family farm is taking its toll. The rut is starting to pick up, but we have temps in the 60's today, which is going to kill it for a bit.

I had a terrible setback the other night, on my way into my stand, i walked right up on my target 8 point bedded with a doe. They both got up and took off, and i was left with a sickening feeling in my stomach. My only hope with him now will be to catch him chasing a doe. I did see a beautiful coyote from stand the other day, but he didnt come close enough to take a shot.

I will be out tomorrow night, Wendsday morning and evening.

16. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Stick with it Caleb, I still think this is your year bud. I have a feeling your going to put the drop on one right before Thanksgiving.

Looks like Thursday should be a light switch in the deer woods where I live. Bad rains today and tomorrow with a huge temp drop over night on Wednesday. You can bet I will be out there Thursday morning.

17. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Big buck down in illinois for team 11!!!!

18. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what I am talking about. Have been wondering how your hunting has been.

Looking forward to the pictures and story......

19. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Its raining...

But 2 large bucks were spotted in my immediate area on there feet this morning.

Stand time ;)

20. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Woo hoo! Congrats ILL Buck!

I haven't been out since last Friday, and that was a long and unhappy day in the woods. :(

Hoping for better tomorrow.