TEAM 11 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BowFreak, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got completely skunked last night. Spooked one doe on my way out. Beautiful night on the stand, but no deer action.

2. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out again tonight in the warm temps. Even if i dont see anything, its a beautiful night for the woods.

3. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there tonight. Like you said, it will be a very nice night in the tree. The farmer is takeing the beans off behined my house right now. I will be looking for an update!!

4. Waggs

Waggs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning not seeing anything. Had some loggers about 3/4 mile down from where I was hunting blarin on there chain saws. Heard the 6th big crash of a tree and called it quits around 8 knowing I wasnt gonna see anything. Thatll be the last time I hunt that stand during the week when there working for sure!

Also, gonna try to get that other pic tonight and get them posted!

5. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like it's gonna be hot and raining here tomorrow but I'm gonna head out in the morning anyway. I got another doe tag to fill.

6. Long Beard Gobbler

Long Beard Gobbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    T-minus 1 week for me

7. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Well I just pulled one of my camera cards today, good news!!!! When I wrote about my opening weekend, I talked about a big framed 8 point that I was able to see. He has shown up on my camera twice over the last week. This piece of property is holding some awsome bucks, just need them to start showing up in daylight now. I will be hunting this piece very, very lightly until the end of October. I have 10 days off starting October 27, this is when I plan to make my move.

Good luck to everyone this weekend thats heading out. I might get out 1 time, have things to do with the wife and daughter, I have learned to pick my battles thats for sure.

8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Last nights hunt was beautiful, but i only saw 3 does and they never came close enough for a shot. Temps are going to be in the 80's this weekend so i probably wont be out. I got alot of Fire Department stuff to do as well and my hometime is having there local festival. The deer need some time to rest up.

9. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Smart move BowFreak. You might want to stay out of there completely in the meantime. Good luck on getting one of those bad boys.

I'm glad other team members are doing well. Right now it looks like all my spots are absolutely covered in hunters. It's the worst I have ever seen and I'm not kidding when I say if there are deer tracks there are hunters. It's unbelievable. There are a lot of cross bow hunters too. I'm definitely not used to seeing that! It looks like I am starting from scratch.

10. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't imagine hunting with that many people around it's got to be tuff. Where I'm at I have farmers begging me to shoot deer.

Went out last night and I'm sea sick. 20mph winds with gusts up to 40 and temps in the 80s. Nothing moved until right at sun set. I had to sit in my stand an xtra 20mins for everything to clear out around me. Didn't go out this moring the wind was just as bad. It should calm down by this afternoon. I'm gonna try to get out this evening.

11. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to have that problem. :tu:

12. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    Well team, we have the forst week of October behined us now. Did anybody get to do any hunting this weekend? I did not go out at all this weekend. Elected to do family things and get some chores done. Looks like the weather is going to be changing this week for the better. We are going to finally lose some of the nice warm temps around here. I am looking forward to getting some hunts in over this week and weekend. Need to put a couple more does in the freezer.

13. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been back out since opening day. [​IMG]

Been using the nice weather to work on the pole barn. I'm going to try and go out hunting tomorrow, doubt I'll see any shooter bucks in this weather... but I sure as heck haven't been seeing any around the pole barn. :D

14. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing but hunters around here. I'm not going out for a while. I might not go out until I get a chance to find some new spots. Right now I would be real happy just to find a doe only spot. I need to shoot something. I have been looking at maps, but I haven't went out scouting yet.

15. kmod

kmod Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out Friday and Saturday evening. With the wind and hot weather nothing moved until right before dark. The weather should be better next weekend.

16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Going out again tonight boys (and lady).

Kinda warm still, but i havnt been on stand in 4-5 days. Im heading to the stand where i had the does cruise by at 10 yards. Hopefully i can throw some points on the board for us. Ive been seeing alot of deer this year, and it really grinds on me that i feel i should have 3 in the freezer but alas have nothing to show for it.

17. Long Beard Gobbler

Long Beard Gobbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    4 more days until the opening day for me i cant wait

18. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you have a great opening day Long Beard!

I went out yesterday morning. Only saw two deer, one was a small eight and the other one kept his head down so I couldn't see his rack. They were about 70-80 yards away. I went over to where I saw them and there's a fresh scrape and a small rub line. I also found other fresh scrapes and rubs when I was out walking later in the day. That's encouraging. :)

19. BowFreak

Dislikes Received:
    It wont be long. Good luck to you!

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    It all came together tonight boys and lady.

Alot of deer activity from stand tonight, concluding with this fat Ohio doe coming in at 15 yards and receiving a Rage hammer.

50 more points :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]