Team 10

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by AshAid, Aug 14, 2017.

1. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We are still sitting on a goose egg here huh? Man been a slow season thus far.. hate to admit it but I’m glad the 4 times I’ve been out that I’m not the only 1 who hasn’t seen anything much either and what we did see was at a distance.. was beginning to think this season isn’t going to go well. I’ve been on 2nd shift here just like Ash D was and my off days are this Thursday & Friday... plan on being in a stand or blind both days. Was going to go Saturday before work but seriously just didn’t want to rush around and happen to get 1 then really be in a pickle...

Hopefully our team gets going here shortly. Good thing is we still have a lot of season left. Have fun guys and be safe and enjoy

BukFvr21 likes this.
  2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 4 doe this morning, I only shoot bucks from that stand because the drag out is less than ideal. I’m off every Friday from now till the end of November so I can’t be forced to work saturdays. We will erase the goose egg soon.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

farmer rick and AshAid like this.
  3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check this out boys. So this is a buck I've had on my radar all summer. I believe we had this buck last year on one of our food plots and he kind of ruled the roost there. Any bucks that came in he would run them off. He was a nice 3 year old I'm guessing last year and showed up this year again and blew up! I love this picture for multiple reasons. 1. It's a shooter. 2. He's working a scrape that is literally right under one of our stands. You can see the strap holding the support bar for the ladder. Lol. We a scrape the week before season opened and couldn't believe it. Figured it was just a small buck. Put a camera up and this dude was the first picture on it[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

farmer rick and AshAid like this.
  4. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Wow that’s sweet and a very nice Buck

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

BukFvr21 likes this.
  5. PackerFanShootingMathews

PackerFanShootingMathews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully that turns to a daylight picture right before an arrow heads his way!

BukFvr21 likes this.
  6. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BukFvr21 and AshAid like this.
  7. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know right. I haven’t seen a nice Buck in person or on Cam for awhile now...

BukFvr21 likes this.
  8. PackerFanShootingMathews

PackerFanShootingMathews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got my whitetail adrenaline dvds in! Wife isn't going to be so happy with me over the next few days!
    If you haven't checked them out they are definitely worth the money!

BukFvr21 likes this.
  9. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0025.jpeg IMG_0026.jpeg This guy just showed up! My Papa saw him in the stand last week but no shot. At this particular spot, bucks show up every year out of nowhere and hang around until December. Hopefully, I can get a crack at him while I'm in.

farmer rick, AshAid and BukFvr21 like this.
  10. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Great pictures

11. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  12. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I’m on 2nd shift today and sitting in my car before heading into work and my phone rings.. a number I don’t know so I allow it to go to voicemail.

So, to back the train up a bit when I took this lease there were 2 stands in place that belong to whom ever, I was told that the farmer contacted all those he allowed to hunt and that if they had stands to have them removed by early July.... so of course they weren’t removed by July but 1 was removed in early August. So mid August we took a single man ladder stand down and replaced it with a 2 man ladder stand and placed a note saying that I had the single ladder stand and to contact me for it, so we moved it to the other side of lease and nobody had contacted us about.

So, on Saturday here in Pa the start of Muzzleloader came in and is in till Saturday the 21st and this Thursday Friday and Saturday along with that is Special Fireman as well.

You guessed it, a young women calls me today (real nice mind you) that I have her ladder stand and she would like to set up a time and all at my best interest to get it... I call her back and it goes to her voicemail and I let her know that it’s out there and it’s not locked so I won’t be there till Thursday and Friday that she could go get it today or tomorrow etc... she hasn’t called back yet but doubt she does.

Also, here’s another kicker. The guy who I mentioned last week that called me and gave me the 40yr bluh bluh actually just text me about 15mins ago and says I haven’t see you out here since we last talked and asked me when I was planning on being there next... (wow I know just to garner info so he can hunt lol)

Funny how it’s now gun season and this women calls me about a stand that should have been removed back in July and I was told that all involved were told to remove them then....

I’m serious this has been and seems to be shaping up as a horrible season and I feel that come Thursday and Friday I bet I see some people hunting on this property that think it’s ok...

Sorry guys for the vent and ranting but just wanted to get this off my chest....wow. Already my night at work is off to a great start lol

BukFvr21 likes this.
  13. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    I feel for you man. I don't know what I would do in your situation. Maybe just scream really loud and cry at the same time.

AshAid likes this.
  14. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

being on leases in the past and never experienced anything even remotely like this....being blessed to get this lease for just my Son & I and the high hopes going into the season with all the trailcam pics.......this has slowly become a nightmare to say the least....I told my Wife had it not been that I forked out so much $ I would have taken all my stands and blinds down and called it a wash...but I'm not quitting like that and will see this through...I really do feel like crying though lol

BukFvr21 likes this.
  15. ohiocheese

ohiocheese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    AshAid, sorry to hear about your problems with the lease. I feel for you. We bought some property a couple years ago and everyone that used to hunt it still thought it would be their right to keep hunting it. It’s frustrating that everyone is so self entitled these days.

On another note, I am back from our moose hunt in Newfoundland. We went 4 for 4 on bulls. It was a tough hunt due to weather and ended using a rifle to tag my little bull. He is good freezer filler though! It was a really fun hunt and got to see some beautiful land! Now it’s back to business though and trying to fill deer tags. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

thanks OhioCheese I appreciate the kind words....also great pics here and good deal getting the meat in the freezer, and looked like a lot of fun and an awesome time

17. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Dude that's awesome! Congrats! :tu:

18. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    AshAid sorry about your lease problems. Seems it's getting tougher every year to get a good place to hunt. I feel very lucky to have my own land.

Ohiocheese congrats on the bull moose! Great pics too!

I haven't been out as much as I've wanted, rained out a couple of days, east wind a few days, which I don't have many stands for. Been too windy a few days also. Now it's warm again.
    Suppose to get cold next week. Should be good hunting.

AshAid likes this.
  19. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Temps are finally here in MD but the first split on ducks has been in since last Saturday (my lease on the shore is right on the water) and muzzleloader opened today so I’m avoiding the 2 hour drive with all that going on. Next week is game on though.

Also, the best news is that I was able to get my local spot back with my two buddies. It’s 60 acres of private 15 mins from my house between a neighborhood and a reservoir that’s always good for some doe. It was clear cut last year except a few acres of pines so I’m curious as to how the deer are using it now. The convenience of that will lead to much more tree stand time in November and December for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AshAid likes this.
  20. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well saw nothing this morning I sat for 5hrs. Was supposed to go out tonight but decided to head out to the all you can eat surf and turf buffet. Back in the stand in the am. Doe stand

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

BukFvr21 likes this.