Team 10

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by AshAid, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Squirrels, blue jays and chipmunks tonight& squirrels tonight not one deer gonna try a different property tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

AshAid likes this.
  2. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I drew back on a doe but just wasn't comfortable with it so I let her walk. Ended up seeing 4 more. 2 little bucks and 2 does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AshAid and farmer rick like this.
  3. ohiocheese

ohiocheese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No luck finding the buck yet. Spent most of the day yesterday grid searching after we lost the blood trail. Either the shot wasn't lethal like we thought or he is holed up in the thick stuff where we couldn't see. Going to keep an eye out for buzzards this week and see if they can show us where he is at. Either that or hoping to catch him on camera proving it wasn't a lethal hit. Only time will tell.

4. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Man that sucks. Nothing worse than not finding a deer. Like you said, hopefully the buzzards tell you something.

5. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I struck out in Nebraska. I had tons of stalks and got really close to some good bucks. I ended up missing two huge muley bucks throughout the week and just couldn't capitalize on my opportunities. I let you all down, it was a blast though! Lot's of season left still though, I'm headed to Tennessee first week of November so that should be good.

BukFvr21 likes this.
  6. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds look you had an awesome trip! Muleys with a bow is one of the top things I want to do.

victoryhunter likes this.
  7. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it was a blast man! My buddy was able to get his first this trip so that was cool. Lots of animals and lots public land, get out there and do it!

BukFvr21 likes this.
  8. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Friggin overtime at work is killing me or should I say my early season. Working from 3pm until 2am Monday through Friday and 11 till 5 Saturday makes it tough to get up @5. I got some vacation coming up October 27 through November 14th. Maybe I should be on the rant thread.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

BukFvr21 likes this.
  9. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Atleast it's not November!

10. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    What's your guy's opinion on scent control? I'm looking to go a different route. Right now I was all my clothes in scent free soap, shower with scent free body and hair wash, use scent free deodorant. I spray down when I get to the field and that's it. My clothes I air outside in between hunts. What I'm thinking of adding to this is regimen is either smoking my clothes down wind of a fire or getting a scent crusher bag. Anyone had any experience with these?

AshAid likes this.
  11. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do very similar BukFvr.. I air my clothing down before a hunt and then after as well, always have since a kid. Looks weird as I hang them on hangers and then place right outside my sliding glass window on the deck hooked up to the vinyl siding lol. As far as sprays I’ve tried many but seriously I always try to play the wind right and go to the best possible locations that seem to be best suited for them that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

BukFvr21 likes this.
  12. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys got lots to tell... my Son and I went out for our Opener this last Saturday the 30th... I put a small video up in the video/photography section of the board should anyone want to take a look. We went for a morning hunt and sat till 10:00... and then went back out and sat for a evening hunt at 3:00 till dark. Didn’t see anything on the morning hunt but we did see 7 total on our evening sit but all way to far away. The weather was actually (at least I thought) Great, was chilly actually and windy and didn’t reach the mid 60’s all day... the sun would come out then disappear and get very cloudy almost to the point we thought many times it was going to rain.

So, here’s where it gets interesting. All off season since June when we leased this property my Son and I have been over there every 2 weeks setting things up and getting things ready. Trail Cams, tree stands, ladder stands, blinds.... and not 1 issue with any neighbor or anyone. Mind you the leasing agent did tell me that the farmer/owner of the 92 acres has in seasons past allowed anyone and everyone to hunt this property, so I knew going in the possibility of things getting stolen and things such as trespassers etc.

Well, fast forward on opening day... here it is 8:00 and my son in sound asleep behind me in the treestand... when 1 of the 4 houses that line the wooded area and mind you are well outside of the required distance for Bowhunting in Pa comes out the neighbor and stands at his back fence and watches us for over 10mins.... I finally stand up on the stand and peek down and wave to him (not a clear sight path cause of the woods) but still he saw me, so he proceeds to go over to his garage area and then for close to 2-3 mins bangs on something metal with a pipe or hammer (I know just to break up my hunt) I tried to get my phone out to record the sound but by time I did he had stopped. So as you guessed no luck in the morning.

Fast forward to Monday, I started Midnight shift on Monday 10p-6a so I won’t hunt for close to a week now. So I’m resting and relaxing around the house when I get a call from the leasing agent, says a neighbor just called him and wanted to see and let me know where I can and can’t hunt on this property and where he hunts. So I get the info and I call the guy. Well, right away I sense he feels entitled to be able to hunt since he told me over 10times on the phone that he has lived there for over 40yrs and that he has had permission to hunt this property well before this current owner/ farmer even owned the property, also even though the woods area has my signs up and property lines drawn out that they aren’t correct and that I’m not suppose to be back there bluh bluh.... so I say, well according my my contract and my leasing agent and the farmer it is well within my rights to be there and I paid a lot of $ for just my son and I too hunt... he goes on to say that he has cleared a path from his back yard to the open field area and he hunts there and always has, again I tell him no I Lease the property now and it’s not his to hunt anymore... so I didn’t get through to the guy and once off the phone I called my leasing agent back and told him he needs to contact the farmer/owner and have him explain to this guy or else I will just call the PGC and have them deal with it.

Sad thing though I know nobody wins here, cause now I’ve got a angry neighbor who for 40 years has had rein over this property to hunt and thus now he can’t so I’m pretty sure with the way this guy was on the phone that once he realizes he can’t hunt this property he’ll either be a thorn in my side and make my Hunting there a living hell or will cause a lot of trouble... hunting can be so hard at times... I’m praying all works out and things stay civil.

Sorry such a long rant just wanted to share

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  13. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow man that sucks. You got the nail on the head though with the entitled comment. I love hunting and sharing the same passion with others but at times we can just plain suck when it comes to "what's ours" and "what's mine". You have a contract and everything and this guy still doesn't get it. I hope it works out man. And I hope you and your son have great success at this place.

AshAid likes this.
  14. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks BukFvr I too hope it all pans out, seriously don't and didn't want any issues....I was going to say this in my last post but didn't want to offend anyone, but the older I get I'm realizing and thinking that Hunters are actually Hunters enemy at times....other Hunter steal others stands, cameras etc....they trespass on others property...and in many cases Leasing Agents and land owners can be the issue too....land owners want top $ for their property and leasing agents charge lots in return for it...I worry when my children get older (my Daughter isn't into Hunting, but my Son is) how's it going to be then....

BukFvr21 likes this.
  15. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Totally agree. You can't post a picture of a fork horn buck on any kind of social media or forum, without somebody chiming in, should have passed him or too small for me. Cool, thanks, nobody asked you, lol. Yes, and stealing stands and cameras when somebody has worked hard for that stuff, or freaking trespassing and poaching. Gets under my skin so bad.

AshAid likes this.
  16. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

bingo, why do people always feel the right to tell another what they should or shouldn't shoot....we all have a compass to what classifies as a trophy or not, big small etc.....

I actually am at work now and I brought my stuff with me to go for a morning hunt if Im not to tired (I wont be LOL) so I let you know how I do, I'm actually going to be walking right by this guys opening to the field to get to a pinch point area where I also have a double set hung...I'll video his opening and what I'm speaking about where he sits in his yard looking into the field to hunt lol

BukFvr21 likes this.
  17. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Itd be sweet if you knocked a big sucker down and you drug right by his house and he was looking out the window as you passed. Just smile and wave

AshAid likes this.
  18. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lol funny you mention this, he said on the phone that he and his Wife in the mornings sit on their back deck drinking coffee watching the deer funnel through the area....so I get off at 6:00 and I'll get there around 6:45-6:50 so I'll be looking over toward their house when I walk by....lol also I'm going to have my phone handy too cause he might just come out and see whats up lol

BukFvr21 likes this.
  19. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Crazy situations Ash, hopefully he gets the message and you can get some peaceful hunts in soon.

The weather here has been ridiculous. We had one cold snap of a couple days last week in the 60s but it’s back up to 84 today and the same scheduled for the weekend. At least I know that my lease is ready to go and nobody’s been hunting it when I finally get a cold front and can head over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AshAid and BukFvr21 like this.
  20. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ash sure hope things work out, your in the right and he's just wrong.

Got rained out last night and it's been raining ever since. Rubber boots for this week I think.
    Been seeing deer every time I've been out.

AshAid and BukFvr21 like this.