*****Team 10 Thread********

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by tek4life, Aug 30, 2011.

1. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all in on getting together. My honey hole is in pulaski county so central il is a breeze of a drive!:nana:

2. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys we leave for wisconsin friday night. I cant tell you how pumped tom and I are for this season, we have four big shooters on camera up there and were hoping to connect on one of them on film this weekend. I can tell you this the deer trails look like cow paths and the bucks are showing up alot in daylight hours on the cameras. We are going to be filming and running and gunning in our lone wolf stands, so if all goes as planned youll see one of us or both if the goodlords willing on the next episode of bowhunt or die !! The new mathews z7 extreme and scentblocker suit are all ready to hit the woods, we did some moch scrapes with the new tinks drippers and they seem to be working quite well, if you guys havent checked these out yet you should. My broadhead of choice this season ended up being the NAP. Hellrazor there flying great out of my bow and im hoping to turn one red this weekend. Well best of luck guys well be updating you from the stand shortly....

3. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Rich sounds like you are setup down to the last detail :tu:

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to be last to the party. But, finally checking in. Hello to all and best of luck. I just planted 4 different food plots of Buck Forage Oats last night. About 5 acres total. Finished up in the dark at about 9 PM and got a nice little shower on it this morning. Acorns are starting to drop and our season opens on Oct. 1.

5. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw the first couple rubs of the year on the new lease yesterday. Nothing really big, but found some good trails and proof of buck activity.....so that's at least a little promising.

6. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rubs are a great start since bucks love to come back to them. Trails are even better just watch to see if they lose some activity as the season goes on and the leaves and food sources change. Any deer sign on a new lease is a great thing!!

7. PABuck_HNTR

PABuck_HNTR Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    12 more days.....

8. Dickie Tunes

Dislikes Received:
    8 days and counting, its gonna be cold early this year here in northern illinois. I think were gonna see alot of movement mid october I did notice my rut activity last year was hot and heavy the last week of october and then it just tappered off from there,.....anyone agree or disagree and tell me why....

9. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I fully agree I hunted oct 28-nov2 and first 2 days were just crazy 28 deer sightings between 10-12am to bad all were walking a trail 80 yards away from my stand. I even had a big 8 in full chase run a doe right under my stand.

It was a great moon phase and this year its looking like oct23-28 is going to be prime. fingers crossed on the weather

10. 9pt_joe

9pt_joe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    here in central il i didnt see a whole lot of activity till the 1st week of nov. which is my fav time to be in the stand but i took a vacation too early last year and didnt get to hunt as hard as i would have liked to. i seemed to always be on the wrong side of the property everytime i would go out lol. taking my vaca a little later this year to hopefully increase my odds :)

11. Dickie Tunes

Dislikes Received:
    Well best of luck to all of are team mates this season, the most important piece of imformation I can pass on to all of you is to please wear your safety harness this season, the last thing I wanna hear is one of my team mates fell from a stand. Believe me it is definately worth wearing I know of two people this season that have fallen already and one is paralized for life, hunt hard, hunt safe, WEAR THEM PLEASE !!!

12. Genesis27:3

Genesis27:3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Team 10 check in

Tek4Life-

I received a recent message from you asking me to check in, but as seen below I have checked in.

Ok guys lets check in
    Team 10
    jsmith13
    Tek4life
    Genesis 27:3
    ****ie tunes
    dsauer22
    txmarshmonkey
    Sooner
    PatMcC30
    PABuck_HNTR
    9pt_joe
    Fletch920
    Record Bound Outdoors

Thank you.

13. Genesis27:3

Genesis27:3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Opening day

Opening day is 2 days and a wake up away! Will be 47 degrees and overcast with a high of 61 in southern Indiana. Just about the same last year and I had an 8 chasing does!

Really looking forward to filling my freezer this season.

Best of Hunting, Gents!

14. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tommorow is the IL opener I'm so pumped!!! Everyone be safe and give'em an arrow.

15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Also opens here in Iowa. Good luck to all. This may be the first opening weekend hunt I make in over 10 years.

16. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alrighty team I got a deer down today!!! It fullfiled two items on my bucketlist of bow hunting. 1) To kill a deer in the spot I've been working on for three years on public land and survive the drag out. This land is so over pressured that you need to be willing to walk and walk. I hiked into a new spot today to hunt the wind that was roughly 1.75 miles in the woods. 2) to kill a buck in the first 30 minutes of the season. He's not much on rack at all but if he hadn't of come within seven yards I'd pass and just leave my bucket list alone. But I really proud for him because of my bucket list. I shot him at 6:38, 18 minutes in the season:woot: It took almost four hours to get him out thank god it was pretty cool out. This buck was massive he field dressed at 195lbs
    DSCN0102.jpg
    DSCN0103.jpg

Here's his scoring break down

L R Diff

MB
    11 1/8 11 3/8 1/4

G1 2 1/2 3 1/2
    G2 3 5/8 3 5/8 0
    G3 3 1/2 3 3/8 1/8

H1 1 1/2 1 1/2 0
    H2 2 5/8 2 1/2 1/8
    H3 2 2 1/8 1/8

Inside Spread 9 1/8

Left Total Right Total Difference Total
    26 1/2 27 1/2 1 1/8

Gross Typical Score 63 1/8

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  17. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man.
    You had better luck than me. The only action I saw all day was bout 50 squirrels.

18. jsmith13

jsmith13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This may be a silly question, do only "bucks" count in our team points?? I had some luck with an opening day doe! First time in the competition, and I need a little direction. THANKS!

19. Gambler2Jake

Gambler2Jake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Doe's are 50pts.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

20. jsmith13

jsmith13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How do I turn it in? I'll read through the rules again! Sorry!!!