Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 10 - The Perfect 10

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by airenlow, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tracker is positive it was not a fatal hit. That buck was moving, no beds. Did find some white hair at impact site. Did not find arrow. So I'm still after a buck. Taking the doe to the processor in the morning then back at it tomorrow evening.

cantexian, airenlow and Shocker99 like this.
  2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck way to keep at it.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  3. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    @Brad Kaufmann i watched your episode last night. Nice job man! Way to end a long streak. I went through a 5 year one myself. Very humbling times haha. Congrats again

4. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody out this morning?

5. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I won’t be back out till this weekend. Hunted Saturday and Sunday with Saturday kinda being a bust. Sunday 10 bucks were seen. One shooter was locked with a doe out of bow range. This broke buck was the biggest that came into range. 5 yds lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My plan was to hunt last week as I was on vacation all week. Ended up home sick Friday night through Wednesday AM. had to run to the airport Wednesday about noon. Ended up finally out Thursday morning and then again Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons. Saw a few but, nothing any closer than about 60 yards.

cantexian and Shocker99 like this.
  7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Man sucks you got sick. Good to hear from you. Good luck if you get back out!

8. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!

I'm not flaking on you guys, I'll measure the buck tonight! Hunted our lease hard this weekend with the wife, but no dice.

Of course then on Sunday when we were out at our lease, we had a new buck show up at our local spot as well as a nice 3-year old we haven't seen in a while!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  9. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it guys. We are creeping up the leaderboard. I've got 6 days left here in Ohio to connect with a buck and we've got 2 bucks that aren't on the scoreboard yet so we are in the thick of this thing. Just gotta keep at it. I'll be doing my best to add a nice buck on the board.

Shocker99 and buckeyehntr5 like this.
  10. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    So this evening I saw 3 does early on around 3. Then nothing til 5 o'clock. Heard some crunching behind me. As he's walking he pops out to my left in the pines. I have a good shot at about 28 yards. As luck would have it, my grunt call got caught in the trigger hole on the crossbow. So as I'm watching the buck and trying to wiggle it out, he caught movement just as I'm raising my crossbow. He bounded off about 10 yards then walked away. I couldn't tell for sure how many points, but he was a solid 140-150. Grrrrr!!!!! Back at it in the morning.

11. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Had this buck on the trail cam earlier today when I wasn't there. Unfortunately he broke his right G2. Sorry about the pictures. My son's dog broke the screen. IMG_20221114_184239192_HDR.jpg IMG_20221114_184316327_HDR.jpg IMG_20221114_184427417_HDR.jpg IMG_20221114_184141128_HDR.jpg

12. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again @Brad Kaufmann! Watched the episode on my lunch break today, great job!

Brad Kaufmann likes this.
  13. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 4 does this morning. Family stuff this evening so no hunting. I'll be pounding it hard the rest of the week though. This weather has been great. Bonus, my daughter wants more meat so I picked up another doe tag! Yeah for me, more killing!!!!!

cantexian and Shocker99 like this.
  14. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

15. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Buck measured out at 116 6/8" last night. I'm gonna put tape to him again and try to be more precise tonight. Based on some other deer in the contest, I'm either missing something or I'm the only honest scorer!

No way my buck is 20" smaller than the 137 8-pointer from team 8.

16. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Watched the video, great job. I had solid mid 120's. Post your score card once you rescore him.

Shocker99 and cantexian like this.
  17. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I just looked at that buck. Something is off. Good thing this contest is only for fun. Im sure may not be intentional but im not seeing 21 and 23” main beams or a 17” spread. Oh well. Just tape him again. You are taping him from the outside correct? Not the inside. I also guessed mid 120’s. Post your breakdown to our team.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  18. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will try and measure tonight. Been really busy at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, things are looking good for the team. I got home around 11 pm Friday night after pulling an all day sit in MO. I am still mad at myself for screwing up and not shooting the big buck Friday morning. That one will haunt me for a while. My hunting focus is going to shift to gun season with my boys for the next few weeks, trying to get them deer as well as. Another two or three does for the freezer would be great. I promised my five year old I would take him on his first hunt this year. My buddies farm to shoot a doe is the easiest place to do that. Hopefully, we can get all that done by the end of this month and I can shift focus back to bowhunting in December. Basketball season starts up for my kids on Saturday mornings starting in December, so my hunting will be limited to Saturday and Sunday afternoons the rest of the season. Good luck guys! Keeping killing does and bucks.

20. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have any of you guys used a millennium hang on stand. I have one and really like but do you trust the one strap system that comes with the receiver. I never take mine down during season and always use to straps. But I was thinking next year is buying some sticks and being able to move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Shocker99 likes this.