***Team 10 Nocked and Locked***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Sticknstringarchery, Jul 7, 2013.

1. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are putting them down in a hurry, congrats to you all :)

2. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    THanks BBM. The last ten days have been rocking.

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks dude! So far my best bow only season. These other guys are just plain good!

4. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be heading home this weekend for the WI gun opener. I will hunt 7 of the 9 days. I really hope to get my middle brother on a mature buck then my dad and following that my youngest brother and finally myself last. I won't pass up a mature buck, but I'd much rather see nothing and them get on a mature deer; I've had more recent fortune then they. I will be bringing both guns and bow in the woods for the 2nd year in a row as it has just recently been allowed in WI.

Attached is the buck I hope to have an encounter with on one of our leases. Not sure if I will even be able to hunt this property though. 2nd year in a row where the lease owner has asked us where his son should sit and that is clearly not part of the leasing terms. We manage it all year and don't go into the property and he will come in and just walk all over it. That being said we know if we say no the lease probably won't happen next years so not quite sure what will happen. Needless to say the orange army is already causing me stress. I hope we can get on a couple good ones and that a couple find cover and lay low for the season. I'm looking forward to the time with family and fiends. Stay safe and happy hunting!

IMAG0020 copy.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Passed on a doe tonight to wait on the buck with her then never got a shot at him. Double whami!! Back at it tomorrow. Good luck this weekend!

6. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck team! I took a couple weeks off to let the property settle here at the house. Headed to the little city honey hole to spend some quality tree time and go after a doe then maybe get my last buck tag filled. Can't add any more points for us but, I can keep pushing.

We could use a few more doe and give another couple bucks a Dirtnap! Go team 10!

7. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Here you guys (and girl) now Christine can quit posting about how I can't shoot deer :D I actually shot this deer a while ago but I was trying to hold out for it to air on BHOD. Anyway, points for the champs!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yay Dubbs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Dustin.

That puts us real close to our winning number from last year with lots of time left. Lets keep up the momentum and see this thing through to the finish.

10. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Hot dang! Dubbya did it! Congrats bud! That's a stud!

11. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we're (according to Hecklers graph) only 70 points away from the lead. We still have a long way to go time wise. We can do this!

So who hasn't taken a deer this year on team 10?

12. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Well.... I suck. Sorry team.
    I'm at my mom's now (not hunting) and will be headed back to Utah tomorrow. I have no deer to show for my efforts. I only saw bucks (3 shooters) on the place I needed to kill a doe first. Down at John's I messed up what should have been an easy 20 yard shot on a messed up rack buck. He wouldn't have scored well but he was some points and would have tasted good. I'm not sure if I caught my hoodie strings or sleeve with the bowstring or what but my arrow was a foot off of the mark and low. I got white hair and a bit of blood but was unable to recover him. :'( I do think the hit was fatal so if by some weird chance John finds the carcass I will tag it. It surely was a bummer way to the hunting trip but I had a good time beside that.

There's a reaaallly slim chance I might try to make another road trip somewhere for doe in late December. Depends on weather and who would put up with me. ;)

I do have a Utah antlerless pronghorn tag, wonder if Fitz would let me enter a speed doe? heh heh..

13. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I just did a spread sheet for our entered score and Hecklers total is wrong. He has us at 1026 I believe and my spreadsheet is saying 1134. That's without Cougar Man (not on the score card unless I overlooked him) buck.

14. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone know how to upload an excel document? I'd like to share this.

15. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Christine, if you are passing through, you can stop by my place and shoot a doe :D $37 tag!

Good work fella's, I think you have to take a screen shot of the spreadsheet and load it as a photo, SNS.

16. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    For the time being.

If you see any discrepancies, please let me know. I spent a while today scrolling through the score card and tried to make sure I entered everyone's deer. I actually think a team score sheets. Excel auto reduced the fractions so you'll have to convert back when reading it.
    [​IMG]similar to this would be great in future contest.

17. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Sticks! You've got my score right. Lol.... cry...

Dubbs, If I didn't need to get back for Thanksgiving (and possible antelope slaying) I'd stop by. I'd be perfectly happy with a doe. :)

18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good Sticks. Just need to get Cougar Mags buck on the scorecard. I'm going to try hard to get a doe down in the second archery season. I still have plenty of time to get it done, and I've past up a dozen shots already this season. I'm thinking my standing soybeans will be drawing deer from all around. If I shoot a second buck, can that be used as the 50pts for a doe? I'm not sure about the rules on that. I would assume that you could.

19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Christine, I'd let you come hunt my place but I doubt you want to drive to Missouri and buy an out of state tag.

20. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Sticks, did you pull your numbers from the official scorecard or out of our team thread? I pulled my numbers out of the team thread the other day? Just wondering why we come up with a different number than Heckler.