***Team 10 - Nocked and Locked Thread***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Sticknstringarchery, Aug 25, 2012.

1. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all haven't been on in a while busy hunting and working lol got a lot of reading back to do looks like I missed some nice deer! Great job guys sorry I haven't been much of a team player just real busy I promise to be back much more frequently with end of the school semester coming! I have yet to score my deer as I have gone euro on both and have em at a buddy's getting stinky.. lol heres some pics of em I don't think I posted em yet there both around 100 inches and one is 2 1/2 he other is 3 1/2 but the genes on the older one just weren't there but I had a good history with him and he is the reason I was on that property Both good NY public land bucks in my opinion!

Younger one and morning buck so the one that must be entered:
    [​IMG]

Afternoon buck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Truck pic:
    [​IMG]

2. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work liwhitetail. I have not hunted since early November but I'm going to do my best to get out for a four day weekend next week (13th -16th).

-D

3. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    liwhitetail its good to hear from you. Congrats again on the bucks! Thanks for the photos and update on your bucks and season as well. Be sure to get 2 pictures of you with your buck and bow uploaded on the score page when you get you buck measured up!

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to see you again. Get that deer measured up and added to the official scorecard. Were on top of the list, but we are going to need every inch to take the title.

5. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    New results just posted, we are leading by 130 points, so 1 decent deer could knock us off. Lets make sure we get everything in and on the official scorecard. Lets finish strong, and put a couple more on the board and blow their doors off.

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How is that crow tasting???? :D

7. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^Lol!

LIwhitetail, glad to see you posting again! Nice bucks. We definitely need you to put one on the scoreboard to help clinch this thing. :)

8. flyguy415

flyguy415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear from ya team.. Way too go.. Seems like we are on a real roll here... Good to see you back Ilwhitetail get us those pics and score that thing.. can't wait to see dubbya on the board. Lets bring this one home boys and girls... Let's get these points on the board.. Remember we only have 14 days left before we start killing zombies... Lmfao... What a crock of sh*t right! Get em' y'all....

9. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I finally got permission from "both" bosses (wife and boss) to take off Friday so I can head up to the cabin and get some tree time in. I'll be hunting most of the day Friday, have an all day sit planed for Saturday, and hunt Sunday morning. wooohooo wish me luck!!!

-D

10. Dunn County

Dislikes Received:
    Best wishes drath. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

11. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck man! I only have a few weeks left and dang it, I'm having more trouble getting out in the woods than I have all season!!

12. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck!!

13. flyguy415

flyguy415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey team just wanted to check in and see how the gang is doing.. I have still been in the woods pretty often, just seems that the action has become almost non existant. I'm hoping we are still leading this thing. It's coming down to the wire, we need LiWhitetail to score and post the pics of his buck to the score card so we can seal the deal, I'd hate to see the team lose due to a kill not making it to the score card in time, especially since the kill was a couple months ago... Anyway enough of my rant, Goodluck folks hope y'all are getting it done... By the way did Dubbya score this weekend!

14. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting a little here and there. I went out tonight. I had about 8-10 deer come out into the beans right at last light. I had a decent buck in range, but not what I was after. I hadn't seen anything all evening and decided to start packing up. As soon as I started I heard a stick snap and saw a doe heading into the bean. They just started filtering out from all around the plot at that point. I was stuck in the tree, had to pull out the old coyote call to clear the field. There were a couple decent bucks in there at the time. I didn't really want to do it, but I was pretty much stuck in the stand and pretty sure I would have been there all night.

I have tomorrow off, and will be hunting the evening again.

I hope we can get one or two more on the board and I think we will take this thing.

15. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    This has been my best year but, worst. I have not busted into the double digits on hunts yet. Worst part. Best part is 8 sits and 7 sightings. Add to that my first kill. I will probably hit number 9 and 10 before closing day. I'll kill the first buck I see regardless. I going for one buck and another doe.

16. Dunn County

Dislikes Received:
    Alright lets go ahead and get that buck posted liwhitetail. I would imagine only a couple more entries will be made in the contest and one may be all it takes to bump us out so lets get the buck registered and lock this thing up. If you have questions about what to do just ask and the team will help you out. Hopefully you have the horns back to be able to score it. If not worst case scenario get the buck posted (with bow) and details included to get at least your 50 points.

Great work team this has been a lot of fun sharing in your outdoor experiences. I look forward to us sharing these adventures in years to come if we win this thing. Any word from drath? Good luck to those still hunting and have a safe and happy Holidays!

17. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The does are hitting my food plots hard and I'm off for two weeks. I hope to add a doe to the count any day now! Merry Christmas!

18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Keep up the good work. Wish I could add some more points to the board, I could guarantee a doe. Ive passed several the last couple times I've hunted.

Lets WIN this thing!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

19. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Planned a hunt for this afternoon but I'd need anchors to me and the tree's 45mph gust blowing in the wrong direction for most of my stands isn't what I want to hunt. I have about a week left and on vacation. I think I can squeeze a couple more hunts in and hopefully put a buck on the board! Probably won't break 100 but, I am going to try hard!!! Good luck to anyone else hitting the woods! It's been fun being on this team! Hopefully we can win an have a repeat next season! Go Nocked and Locked!!

We do need to get all the points up to synch this one. So lets get it done!

Everyone have a safe and happy holidays! Merry Christmas Team!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  20. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hit a doe last night that was quartering away. The hit was a little too far forward. I trailed her last night and this morning for more than 1/2 mile across a big creek and on to the neighbor before losing blood. She didn't bleed a lot and never bedded down. I'm thinking it is a lost cause. Advice?