Team 10 check in

Discussion in '2013 Turkey Hunting Contest' started by Chall08, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    they are just now breaking from the flock here in southern il. today was the first day of youth season. saw a flock of 20+ this evening. gonna try and get up early and do some scouting

2. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    just checking in. my season starts monday! so alternates was suppossed to be picked 3/29 i thought? where is ours?

3. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    done some scouting this morning saw 6 birds the first one i saw was a good tom all by itself i was a little late getting to him, spent to much time listening a cupple miles away for other birds. heard him in the woods and finally came out and crossed right infront of my truck. the rest of the birds was about a mile down the road 2 toms were hung with 3 hens. my season starts tommorrow so hopefully i can put them into bed tonight and go in the morning

4. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well im done for the season got a tom taged and riddin in the truck by 7:30 this morning. i couldnt score it because i had no way to weigh the bird so i had to take a score of 30

5. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!! Thats your first with the bow right? Any pics? Still got a few more weeks to go. Just glad i dont have the first week here in wisco...weather is terrible for the next couple days!

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2

6. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Turkey (2).jpg

yes sir this is my first turkey with a bow! only my 2nd turkey ever. the weather here in southern il is beautiful this week lot of birds being shot today

7. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! To bad you couldn't weight it. How heavy do you think he was? How about the hooks?

8. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i couldnt even guess the wieght... but it had one inch spurs and a 10 inch beard

9. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Guys your getting Timmy AR as an alt. I already sent him a pm so if your no show shows now tell them there to late and to go sign the alt list. Thanks

10. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alrighty fellas checkin in finally. Almost forgot bout the contest then didn't know if anyone was goin to assign alt.. Headed for KY tomm evening for there opener. Dont have any service down there let alone 4G so hopefully I'll have something good to post sunday or monday.. Pearce92 nice job on starting us off and congrats on your 2nd bird..

11. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks bud! good to have ya! we dont have the most comunicative team haha but we are on the board! good luck on your opener!
    where in indiana are ya from?

12. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bird Pierce ! congrats again on the first bow kill. Season here in NC starts tomorrow but I wont be able to get out until monday morning. Hopefully we can get some more birds down ! Welcome to the team Timmy

13. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

14. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome timmy! Good luck!

15. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have heard of it, never been there though. i live about 45 min outside of evansville if you cross the bridge at mt vernon once you past new haven you pretty much in my county. i live in norris city

16. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holy Crap ! What an unbelievable afternoon I have had. I took my very first turkey this evening and I took it with a bow ! The hunt started as a last minute scury to get in the woods. My buddy and I walked along a 26 acre field and spooked two toms on the opposite side of it, about 500 yards away. So we continue on to another little 1.5 acre patch that's tucked back in the woods a little bit. While walking in we spook a tom and two jakes. this was about 5:45 so we decided to go ahead and set up anyway. So we did and about 6:40 a tom comes out about 100 yards away by himself. He takes his time coming toward the jake and hen decoy that was set up about 12 and 15 yards in front of the blind. He got about 35 yards from the blind and started getting skiddish so I decided to go ahead and try to take him. Once he got broad side I drew and let it fly. It was a perfect hit with almost a complete pass through, the fletchings hung in the wing feathers on the exit side. The bird flopped, ran to the decoys and laid down. At this time in the midst of the excitement, we see another tom and three jakes come out the same place the bird I just shot did. They mess around about 100 yards away or so for a minute or two and then the jakes make there way up to the decoy, the tom follows but he only makes it about half way before he turns and goes in to the woods. While these three jakes are checking out the decoys and the dead bird on the ground, out comes 12 more jakes from the same place the other birds came from. They came in on a string. Now there are 15 jakes cluckin around 15 yards in front of the blind and a lone hen joins them. After a few minutes all the birds mosy off and I can finally get out and check out my bird. So here it is ! 21 pounds 11 inch beard 1" and 7/8" spurs for an NWTF score of 61.75 !

[​IMG]

17. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dam nice bird!!! even better with a bow! congrads my friend lol welcome to the addiction that we call turkey hunting lol nice story to go along with it lol

18. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice job chall Well as for now KY was kind of a bust. Helped everyone else get there birds and kinda forgot bout my own. LOL I'll try to keep u all updated but with work and trying to get down there as much as I can it wont leave much time for me to get on here. Good luck to all and hopefully we can start climbing the leaderboard.....

19. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    as far as i know we are the only team with 2 birds on the board. a total score of 91.75 right now!

20. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the blind...wifes up first. She's 33 weeks pregnant and still wants to still get after'em! Hopefully will have some pics to follow!