Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 1

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by coheley665, Mar 3, 2014.

1. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are heavier than my normal setup due to using a 125 gr. head and a full length arrow. I practiced out to 15yds (my max range with these) with no noticeable difference. As long as they are tuned and flying well, I have seen them on YouTube shooting targets out to 40-50 yds consistently. I used an old couch cushion with the cover off and it didn't damage the broadheads at all. The thick cushioning absorbs a lot of the shot. Magnus also has a replacement guarantee if damage occurs and each pack comes with an extra set of blades.

2. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be back out tomorrow morning to hopefully redeem myself :lol:. Should have decent weather with cooler temps than Monday. If possible, I might try to get out this evening to get an idea if they are roosted next to the blind or down over the hill.

3. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright thanks Im going to have to give them a shot next year I think. Couple years ago I shot one in the head with a rage but now im tight on my own hunting time since I take so many people out. So when I get a chance I like to get it done instead of risking missing a 2inch wide head haha.
    Good luck in the morning, still waiting to hear feed back on a couple others hunting this week.

4. badgerboi21

badgerboi21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just an update for me fellas... I wasn't able to put anything down during my first season. My go to spot was quiet the whole season. There really wasn't a lot of birds period that myself or the 8 other guys I was hunting with saw/heard. With any luck, however, I will be able to get on some in the near future. Good luck everyone and be safe!

5. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    No luck this morning but had a pretty decent hunt. Had 8 hens, 5 jakes and 1 Tom roosted in the timber next to the blind this morning. The hens never came into the field which in turn kept the Tom in the timber also. I watched them for about an hour until they were out of sight. At 8:50 I heard the drumming of a Tom over the crest of the hill in front of me. The Tom, four hens and 2 more jakes came out into the field and made it into 23yds but I didn't have a clear shot at them due to them being at my 9 o'clock and having no open window, only the front left corner of the double bull. I could only watch as they moved away to the north. In total I seen 12 hens, 2 toms, and 7 jakes

I can't get back out until this weekend, but I'm feeling positive about it. There are still a lot of hens needing breed and within the next three days, I'm hoping they start thinning out and nesting. Just can't compete with 8-12 hens and one tom.

Good luck fellas!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  6. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Dang hens always ruin everything, just like hunting the rut its hard to compete with the real deal. Keep after them, so close every time.
    My season doesnt start till the 5th but I know a couple people who have tags for right now so this weekend I will be taking a couple people out to see if cant get them there first bird.

7. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
  8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait for next week to get here. I think I might even take a day or two off to get in some extra hunting! I got all my new gear ready to go and just got a new call in the mail Monday so I think I am all set. I will be headed out to my lease friday morning to get my blind all setup and ready! Good luck to all you guys out hunting! Let's get some points on the board!

9. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    What call did you end up getting?

10. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Me and my filming partner took one of our close buddies out this weekend to try and get his first bird. Ended up hunting a new spot yesterday afternoon and had a bird come into 30 yards but we just didnt have the footage we wanted so we let it slip on by. Went back out this morning and had birds hammering on the roost in every direction then was able to sweet talk this one into the decoy spread about 20 minutes after they pitched down. Always awsome to be with someone when they get there first bird. Needless to say he was pretty pumped.
    [​IMG]

11. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work! No luck for me this weekend. Seen plenty of birds but none of them came into bow range. Could have killed a few with the shotgun. Giving them a break this week and will be back out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Dang thats a bummer, when does your season go to?
    Hopfully fergus will have some good news for us this week

13. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    May 18th.. Still plenty of time.

14. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah plenty of time still to put one on the ground

15. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I am planning to be out Thursday morning for a few hours then I won't be back out till Sunday afternoon and the entire following weekend!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

16. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure now if I will get out tomorrow or not. My lease is a good 2.5 hours away and it is going to rain all day today and tomorrow so I might just wait and go Sunday after work. I have to be at work tomorrow at 3pm so if I go it will be a short hunt either way. Will decide tonight after work at 11! Good luck to everyone else still hunting! Time for us to get on the board!

17. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    You work to much :poke:. team 11 is got a good run going with 3 birds already, hopefully we just pile them up at one time. I have the weekend of the 10th blocked off for me to get a bird, taking another guy out on tuesday for his first bird also.

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It will be four birds tomorrow. If it doesn't happen it should have. :p Team 1 going is going down!

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Hey you stay in you own teams thread :whip: we still got plenty of time, not sweating it. Just wait till you see our team blowing up the score card

20. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Ya what he said!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk