Team 1

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by coheley665, Mar 3, 2014.

1. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    This was them they other day at about 70 yards 6th one is behind the stutters. They are constantly with a hen, hard to compete with the real deal

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are we switching to guns now? LOL! I am right there with you! I know what I would try with those toms but I am not one to give advice to my competitor. :)

Ok, so it may cost me a hat... :p

Are those Toms in that field every day? Try setting your blind out in the middle of the field?

3. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nick you just stick with the program !!! You have a lot of time yet and I would like nothing more than you be Busting Hecklers balls with a Bigger bird than his !!!

4. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    There getting under my skin lol
    Alright here we go. Blue dot is where I am now, red dots I have say both twice and if I'm not at one they will go by the other a couple times a day. The blue Dot they always seem to by at some point sooner or later. The green arrows are the fields they go back and forth between the two wood lots. The blue lines are where they go pretty frequent to. The blue and purple line is where they where about two hours ago. But where all the marks are are pretty much there boundaries every day all day. There is the one Tom that I have seen bread two hens so far and he's the leader the rest just follow. I've had them inside a 100 yards 4 times so far then a hen will go walking across the field and they just go straight to her.

5. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    I am set up looking east right now and that field is winter wheat the rest are all freshly planted fields

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't believe one of those Toms won't break away if there isn't that many hens around at any one time. Are you calling? May want to just let them know you are there and go quiet. Hens around here aren't very vocal this time of year. Have you tried adding motion to one of your decoys? Take some fishing line with you!

7. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I don't get why they are so committed to stay as a group. I barley call then if I see them I just do a little to get there attention my way and that's it. I know for sure there are 5 hens in this chunk maybe more. And the only movement we can have with a decoy is by the wind. New law this year

8. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Well this was a roller coaster of a season for me. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong. I had my fair share of opportunites with a bow but could'nt pull it all together. Time came down to last day last evening so I pulled out the gun and was able to get one down on the last hour. Not as successful as a season for us this year but still great to be on a team with you guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]