Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 1 - Nockturnal Emissions

Discussion in '2023 Deer Contest' started by dnoodles, Aug 28, 2023.

1. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy November Y'all!!! Almost got it done yesterday evening. I saw one of the shooters I'm after and ended up grunting him in but unfortunately, he saw my four-wheeler and decided he wasn't coming any closer. I'm going in a little earlier this evening and parking in a different spot so hopefully that doesn't happen anymore.

Slugger, dnoodles and pastorjim08 like this.
  2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

3. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    If I get the wind I want, I am going to put in my first sit tomorrow morning. Most of the mature bucks on camera are still at night, but plenty of them are hitting the ground around here so it's time to go.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  4. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted hard Friday thru Tuesday. Good action Friday. Almost sealed the deal on a pretty nice 10, but never offered a shot. The rest of the days were so so for action. Saw bucks every day and passed a decent 8 and decent 10, but just not quite what I’m looking for. Never saw a 4+ year old after Friday.

Had to go back to work today and can’t hunt until Sat. This guy showed up tonight in daylight of course. Makes me excited for the weekend! Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 6.43.05 PM.jpeg Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 6.42.40 PM.jpeg

5. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I finally got a shot off on my target buck this evening but unfortunately it wasn’t his time yet. I’m gonna need a stiff drink after this one!

***Edited***
    Welp, it wasn’t my time but it ended up being his after all. About 45 minutes after my encounter with him I heard a muzzleloader go off and instantly knew it would be him. And it was. Did I mention that I need a drink?

Back to the drawing board.
    IMG_2031.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    dnoodles likes this.
  6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

It happens...
    we had this guy on cam quite a bit and were keeping it quiet, but we hunt a 180 acre pocket of public surrounded by private, and sure enough, a guy also hunting on the public knocked him down Saturday night...

upload_2023-11-2_23-26-49.png

sorry I haven't been posting much, I haven't been hunting much and I've been crazy busy with life. That changes Saturday, I will be in the WI woods or traveling between campsites between there and MI through Nov 18. Little late to the party to get the belle of the ball, but I will be there for sloppy seconds!

pastorjim08 and hunterman927 like this.
  7. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Wow!!! That's one amazing buck. Congrats to that guy for sure. Good luck and safe travels to ya. I'm about to take some revenge out on a doe this evening lol

dnoodles likes this.
  8. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Little weekend recap... I hunted up on the lease and got busted by a doe Sunday evening... Sunday morning I had a shooter buck come through about 0830 but I was 500 yards away hunting a different spot. This has just been one of those seasons. I am putting down the recurve and picking up the compound. Now that it's summer-time here in Oklahoma again, now is a good time to get the bow tuned and sighted in and ready. I work this Friday and Saturday night so I won't get to go out until Sunday afternoon. We're supposed to have a little cold front hitting Thursday-Friday so I might go out Friday morning. I won't be hunting before than, I just can't do it with high 80's low 90 degree days in November. I've got some big boys showing up on camera, I just need the right conditions to make it happen.

@Johnny Miller Congrats on your buck buddy! He's nice for sure and I can't wait to watch it on the BHOD show.

9. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I tried to post but had crap service. Shot a buck down in IL on 11-2. Good buck to get out of Clinton's farm gene pool. Posted the kill to scorecard finally! I'll be hunting for a WI buck and doe next few days so hopefully Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great buck, congrats again bud!

11. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice buck. Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

12. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the lack of attention in our team thread. Been mainly in the live from the stand thread if any of you have been seeing my posts. I have the next several days off to grind out a buck if I can seal the deal on 1 of my target bucks. It's about time I let the arrow fly at a mature buck.

13. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys, I have been struggling with a bad knee and have surgery scheduled for early December, so I have been pretty slow moving. That being said, I am headed out soon for my first sit in a ladder for the year. I have sat twice in blinds, but it's just too warm here to be in a blind today and my cameras are getting some daylight action. So, maybe my first sit in the tree will be the only sit I need! lol

hunterman927 likes this.
  14. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck and be careful with that knee buddy.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this already or not but last week I purchased a compound. I had to wait for a set of modules to come in but it’s finally set up and sighted in. After the season I’ve had I’ve decided to lay the recurve down and pick up the training wheels again lol. I am camped out on the lease for the weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to draw some blood in the morning. I’m not expecting to much but this time of year you just never know what could happen. Good luck to those that are going out there this next few days.

15. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    3.5 minutes in the tree and my tag was punched. Crazy hunt. Not a giant, but at least 5.5 yrs old 11 pt.

hunterman927, pastorjim08 and Tony like this.
  16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations again, brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

fletch920 likes this.
  17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
  18. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice buck. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

fletch920 likes this.
  19. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations bud!!! That’s a really nice buck. 3.5 minutes??? That’s crazy lol!!!!

fletch920 likes this.
  20. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Had some pretty good action right off the bat this morning. Pretty good buck chased a doe around me for a few minutes and then disappeared. A couple hours later a couple younger bucks came cruising by. The right Doe finally came into estrus last night. My camera was going crazy. I didn’t make it out this evening but I’ll be back out in the morning.

pastorjim08 likes this.