Team #1 (For a Reason)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by CowboyColby, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet deal on the bird. I'm getting anxious. 3D league just ended and I will be getting both rigs dialed back in for birds.

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got out early saturday morning and sunday afternoon, got into two different groups the first had one tom but he wasn't very big about a 5 inch beard and I have no idea how do even guess his weight but he wasn't quite what I was looking for. Sunday afternoon I found a group with 2 decent toms one with about a 7 inch and one with about a 9 inch beard that I'll be going after again tonight. Changing the blind location and putting the decoys in a little more visible location for them to see. I'll let you know how it goes.

3. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this afternoon! I still have a couple more weeks before i can get out there, getting excited!

4. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 weeks for me. Let's get ready to go boys.

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Waiting on some calmer weather as its been really windy and tough to get em talking plus a couple fires on both sides of where I hunt bout five miles away each direction may have messed with them a little. Hoping to get some afternoon hunts in this week and a good long hunt in Sunday.

6. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Season starts monday, baseball game on monday as well, plus my new rest hasn't come in. I WILL get a turkey though. :D

7. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heard a few, saw a few, no shots.....it'll be a tight week for me to get out before work, but we'll see.

8. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just silent Jakes and Hens this AM for me. Heard a few gobbles in the distance. Got to get out in the AM this week before work. Get on em boys.

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I did end up shooting a turkey my first ever with a bow he wasn't the one i was after and I apologize for not getting the pictures up so I know it won't count. My pictures were on my droid phone that was destroyed and the lady couldn't pull my contacts or pictures off. Sorry for not coming through fellas.

He wasn't much but was cool for me to get my first turkey with a bow. I got him may 8th I believe. His beard was only 5 inches long and and his spurs were 1/4 inch. He only weighed 16 pounds. Again sorry for not coming through guys. I didn't draw for the fall hunt.

10. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Hey when does this contest end? I just got a left over Fall turkey license today and there are 38 days left so I may still be able to put up a score for us. I got some birds sighted that I may try and get one was just curious if this contest included spring and fall or just spring.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011