Taking my kids hunting!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BShunter, Sep 23, 2011.

1. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Zeke my 8 yr old passed up a doe last night well in range and opportunity. He said he wants a "buck". A very nice 8pt came in later and we both got excited. Unfortunatly all we got to see was his head and horns... Still a great hunt to see him so jacked! He currently has 2 deer and 3 great turkeys to credit his hunting carreer. His heart is on a BUCK, so be it. I am not pushing him on anything. I always tell them to shoot what they want.

Took Devon on her first deer hunt this year opening weekend of youth season here in IA. Hunting with my girl was great! She spotted one great deer accross the field. It was a blast. We were covered up by deer most of the night!
    We are hunting the DesMoines River bottom for her. She is older than her brother and made me prommis to not take him to "her spot" on the river. Man they learn quick.

I love killing mature BIG deer, but I do not care this year as much as long as I get both my kids the deer of their dreams. Man am I having a blast.

Stay tuned as I hope they will put a deer, any deer down.

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Bruce !

3. gseward2

gseward2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    great to see you passing on your knowledge and love of hunting to your kids

4. wolbear

wolbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My 12 y/o son took his first archery deer last season, it was also his first ever deer. I must say, he was much more composed than I was when the hefty 9 ptr. strolled toward the ground blind. It wasn't until after the shot that we BOTH lost it!!!! Passing on the hunting tradition is our duty, and our children are so impressionable that every opportunity must be utilized to the fullest extent! Congrats on some great sounding kids!!

5. cabinkeeper

cabinkeeper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    U'r an exellant Dad....''If u take u'r kids hunting,u don't have to hunt for u'r kids''.My best hunts were when my boy was younger.hes a better shot and hunter than I.I wouldn't want it any other way!
    Neither one of my girls ever got into the actual hunting,but loved walks in the woods and just hanging out with Dad on scouting trips.Keep up the great job,My Brother of the wood line!

6. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear you're having a blast sir! It is what this life is all about. Best of luck to you and yours this year!

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is great! I took my daughter for her first trip to the woods last year but she is just sitting with me as of right now. She wants to kill one with a bow. She is not strong enough yet but will be soon. She is 10 and has asked to go again this year with me. That does make a dad proud. She loves shed hunting but has yet learned to find one without me seeing it. She was 5 feet from one last year and did not see it. I saw it from 20 yards away. LOL All that was sticking up was tines out of the grass and it looked like grass.

8. northernredneck

northernredneck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck to you guys this year and i hope to get both the son and daughter out soon as they are old enough to hike the mountains with me but my two yr old son loves when daddy get the truck packed and bow loaded and tells me "you get one bud!" Man im pertty sure the first time my kids get one i'll probably loose it also. Again best of luck to you and your family!

9. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    awesome cant wait to see the pictures