Tactacam Customer Service

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by LittleChief, Jan 23, 2023.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Earlier this year I picked up two Tactacam Reveal XB cameras along with the solar panel battery packs. The cameras work great and solar panel/battery packs are the best thing since sliced bread but that's not what I'm posting about.

Over three months ago one of them started sending pics dated 07 February 2106 at 6:28 am. Every pic from that day forward had that date/time stamp.

I put off pulling the camera because I could tell by when I got the pics what was going on, plus I had heard some bad things about their customer service. The complaints were the usual: On hold forever with no-one answering, service techs not willing to help resolve the situation, etc.

I finally called today. After selecting "1" for technical support my call went straight to a lady named Dawn with no waiting at all. As soon as I told her what the problem was she had the solution. I needed to do a firmware update on the camera. She emailed me a file with directions on what to do. That email was waiting for me when I started up the laptop. I just had to format an SD card, drag the file onto the card, put it in the camera and push a few buttons. Problem solved.

We all have horror stories we can share about customer service with some companies (I have one with Bowtech), but when the service is quick, competent and actually solves the problem I like to let people know about it.

dmax4me, picman, MnHunterr and 6 others like this.
  2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a problem mith a tatacam last month.
    Called tech support and it was "excellent " !!
    Refreshing to hear a voice I can understand.

dmax4me and jonderrs7 like this.
  3. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know. Will look into these when I need another cell cam.

You will not get that quick service with Stealth Cam. And I would bet that also applies to all products under the GMS Outdoors umbrella.