Tacklebox & iHunt VS Tynimiller & snake_03

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never be disappointed in yourself for shooting a deer. He was good enough for you when you pulled the trigger, why not now. Revel in the fact you're a hunter and do something very few would do! It is a bummer that you didn't get to eat any meat off him, but it happens. You tagged him when a lot of other hunters would have taken the head gear and walked off to keep a tag in their pocket... Honorable IMO. Still a good deer!

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It may have come off wrong with how I said I was disappointed with the deer. The reason that I say this is that at the time of the shot I thought it was a different deer. I thought that it was a 7 pointer that is 7.5 years old when I shot. I didn't think that he had a G3 on his left side, and that's what the 7 pointers rack was like. I didn't notice that this deer had a busted G3 on that side, otherwise I would've known it wasn't my target deer. I guess I should've studied the rack a little closer.

As far as tagging him, there was no way that I wouldn't put my tag on him. Regardless with how I felt about shooting a deer I should've let walk, that doesn't change the fact that I shot the deer. My tag will go on any deer that I shoot. It's sad that some people wouldn't put a tag on the deer in a situation like this. Remarkably enough, I even had some people ask why I tagged it. All I could say was "If I have to explain why I would put my tag on this deer then you probably won't understand anyways".

3. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I get it now. I can see how that may cause a little frustration.

People like you are the people I like to surround myself with. Like-minded people.

4. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey man, nothing wrong with that deer at all! I'm glad you eventually found him, if nothing else that info might help on the next track job.

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We did a lot better than I thought we would against the Amish power boys from KA! :) haha! It was fun!

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So now what was the wager for this here bet? :lol:

7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You (Kansas) boys get to brag about beating some boys from lesser states haha!

Will design the sig Hero Picture with you and TJ and the bowing thingy tomorrow and see if you two bullies approve :D

8. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :whip:

That's for the Phebus Plot comment on FB today haha

9. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha that challenge looks awesome! I'd like to challenge MNElkNut ;)