Swhacker Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cole62895, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cole62895

cole62895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the search for new broadheads and I have kinda settled on these, the concepts in them make sense to me. I just was wondering if anyone on here has used them, and if so how did they produce for you?
    Thanks
    Cole

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy used them last year and was not a fan. Now, he did kill 3 or 4 doe and 2 bucks that gross around 130 with them, but he also lost an even bigger buck, and all the deer he shot had little to no blood trails. All good shots, just didnt seem to leave much of a hole. I think you are much better off getting some fixed blade heads and taking the extra few minutes to make them work. just my thought on them.

3. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ What cmonsta said!

Actually if you try SlickTrick heads you'll find they'll fly so good you don't need to take a few extra minutes to make them work. I mean it!

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Jerry I was hoping to try them this year but money got tight. Will be trying them forsure in the spring though.

5. Podobed45

Podobed45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not loyal to any one particular broadhead company, but I love swhackers! They fly well, and if you put it where it needs to be it'll do damage for sure. I have swhacker and grimm reaper mechanicals. I also have a set or two of fixed blades that I'm trying this year.

Everyone I know who hunts deer is currently using swhackers, and they are all people who kill 10-20 deer a year. And they have said they are extremely durable, multiple deer out of a broadhead, and they never had any issue with a blood trail.

Everyone knows that depending where you hit, good shot or not, blood may pool inside and you may not have a huge blood trail, it isn't as much indicative of the broadhead, but shot placement, and the overall kinetic energy of the arrow set up.

6. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    GREAT broadhead very durable. 3 of the 4 deer i killed last season were with the same head!! Decent blood, need an exit hole to have a great blood trail.

7. DA CHEMIST

DA CHEMIST Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Grim reaper results..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012