Swhacker broadheads unbelievable!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Pahunter71, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Pahunter71

Pahunter71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This was my first year ever shooting these broadheads and I was more impressed with these broadheads than I have ever been with any other head. I have used other mechanicals in the past but none of them compare to swhackers. I started off the season thinking I was going to use a fixed blade but then I came across the product videos on swhackers website and I was sold instantly. And I'm not going to lie I was still a bit nervous because I am the type of person who enjoys fixed blades because it's guaranteed to cut. But after shooting two deer this year with these heads and watching both deer go down within 60 yards I won't use another broadhead. And the blood trails were unbelievable as well. Does anyone else use these heads or any other mechanical heads that perform as advertised and actually work well?

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Where did you hit the deer on your two shots?

3. Themsah

Themsah Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used these for a season, lost a nice doe because of them. Hit her in a 25yd broadside shot. She jumped a fence with my arrow sticking out of her chest. Never found her. Not to mention its too much of a hassle to deal with the silly rubber bands and stuff. I have shot NAP Killzones and Rages after that. I would choose either one of those over the Swhacker any day. Just my oppinion based on my experiences.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These threads are sooo funny

5. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a bunch deer with them, and another brand of head that worked the same way, I forget the brand right now. When I got a pass through they were fine, but a few times, for whatever reasons, I did not get an exit hole, and the blood trail was basically non existent due to the tiny entrance hole they make. I want a head that makes a good entrance hole for that reason.

6. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Swhackers. Solid broadhead. No issues.

7. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    my buddy shoots them and loves them, one tough broadhead thats for sure! I would consider shooting them if I didn't fall in love with killzones

heres an entry hole from my buddies doe this season, 4 yards under his stand.
    [​IMG]

8. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll stick w/ my Red Head Gators. No rubber bands/shock collars, no miniscule entry wound, pass-throughs all the time, field point accuracy. Oh and they are 25% less that any other highly-marketed mechanical at the every-day price.

IMG_20121013_101540.jpg

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It doesn't matter what broadhead you use... The only thing that matters is where you hit the deer.

pick00l likes this.
  10. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use them, I like them. They fly great out of my bow and leave a good blood trail.

11. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    I do not think this is true at all. Shot placement is the most crucial thing obviously but they type of broadhead is very important. I've been around some people and witnessed good shots taken with a poor broadhead and it didn't perform. Some mechanical broadheads don't open all of the time. The broadhead is very important if you want to have a clean fast kill and for tracking purposes. And what if you do make a half decent shot in the liver/guts and the deer doesn't die right away and you need blood for tracking it the next day or after you gave it time. My dad shot a giant 10 point the other year with a fixed blade and luckily he made a good shot and saw it fall but what if he didn't?! Because there was no blood trail at all and if it wasn't a good shot it most likely wouldn't have been easy to find. And no one makes perfect shots all the time and even the pros don't and that's part of bowhunting so a good broadhead is crucial.

12. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    That post was to MnHunterr

13. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    I do not think this is true at all. Shot placement is the most crucial thing obviously but they type of broadhead is very important. I've been around some people and witnessed good shots taken with a poor broadhead and it didn't perform. Some mechanical broadheads don't open all of the time. The broadhead is very important if you want to have a clean fast kill and for tracking purposes. And what if you do make a half decent shot in the liver/guts and the deer doesn't die right away and you need blood for tracking it the next day or after you gave it time. My dad shot a giant 10 point the other year with a fixed blade and luckily he made a good shot and saw it fall but what if he didn't?! Because there was no blood trail at all and if it wasn't a good shot it most likely wouldn't have been easy to find. And no one makes perfect shots all the time and even the pros don't and that's part of bowhunting so a good broadhead is crucial.

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just saying that this could happen with any broadhead.

I understand that bad shots happen... All I was saying is that if you were using ANY modern day broadhead and make a good shot, you have a good chance at finding the deer.

"Some mechanical broadheads don't open all of the time." I'm sure if you did a search on the Schwacker broadhead you would find plenty of reviews stating the head didnt open - Happens with every mechanical.

Not trying to start an argument here... Just what I think.

15. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not shooting any head designed to open inside the animal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

16. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    I completely agree. All I'm saying is that it is a little bit much to say the broadhead doesn't matter.

17. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they are designed to open "inside of the deer" but I've seen two entry and exit holes in the past 2 months and both are massive. The entry wound is bigger than the length of the closed head so it doesn't open thr exact cutting diameter of the closed head. They are both massive holes And even if it wouldn't open the blades sticking out measure about an inch so either way it's gonna cut

18. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But its a smaller 2 blade on entry and if there is no exit hole, your blood trail will be less than desirable.

Since I'm on the lower end of the energy spectrum, I will never use them. To be honest, they recommend 60 ft/lb ke but I would say 70 at minimum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

19. Pahunter71

Dislikes Received:
    Use whatever works for you obviously. I shot a buck that was quartering away quite a bit and the entry was near the back leg and it went up and hit the front shoulder. No exit hole. The blood trail was ridiculous. I could basically see it and follow it sitting 25 feet up in my tree. And it only ran 50-60 yards and fell over. Obviously you are going to use whatever works for you but I'm just saying they work and they work very well

20. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most broadheads work pretty well if you hit the right spot. I personally have gotten away from mechanical broadheads. I had a shoulder injury and have to shoot much lower poundage now than I used to (58-60 pounds). I prefer a cut on contact fixed blade broadhead due to my lower KE. Yes there have been a lot of great reviews (and bad reviews) of Swacker, rage, G5 t3, etc. I also had a mechanical not open because somehow the blades froze shut (it had been snowing). It will be a while before I consider switching back to mechanicals. Shoot what works for you, just make sure you take a good shot.