Swapping sights

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ILbowhntr, Sep 13, 2022.

1. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    May be a stupid question and I should probably know the answer.
    I have 2 different sights that I like using on my Axius Ultra, both Spot Hogg. One is a Fast Eddie MRT 3 pin and the other a Real Thing SDP.
    The screws fit tight in both mounting brackets so I was wondering how close each one would be swapping back and forth. I’d NEVER just swap and not shoot, but I figure it should be pretty darn close.
    Anyone ever do this?

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've done it, but not on purpose. I have switched sights to try out, them put old one back on. It usually would be really close to dead on.

Also when I buy a new sight I will measure my old sight first before I take it off. I just measure from top of arrow to top pin. Then put new sight on and set it to that exact measurement. Be surprised at how close the new sight is on first ahot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    once either is sighted in, why should there be a problem .. I would switch sights going from fixed to single pin and back again depending on mood, now I have a few more bows and use those sights on them .. .. if everything mounts up solid, draw/anchor dosnt change(why should it) you should be fine. Be cautious of the screws and holes, I always put a dab of string wax on the threads, if switching often .. dont mess up the threads....

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It'll work just fine, but I agree with verifying.
    Until I got my current sight, I would put on a single pin mover and use it with a set of arrows designated for practice and 3d shoots, and then I'd put on a fixed pin sight and use my hunting arrows. Both sights were direct mount, I've never tried it with a dovetail. Had no issues swapping and having both hit POA.