Suzuki ATVs

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by greatwhitehunter3, Apr 2, 2019.

1. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Who has one? I've got an opportunity at what I think is a steal of a deal but know nothing about them.

2011 King Quad 750

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've owned a 700 king quad since 2005 when I bought it new. I've had a few issues but nothing extraordinary. Mine is a single cylinder and it takes a lot of battery to crank it over, it's a bear to pull start with the rip chord as well. When it got to be about five years old I started having trouble with the battery going down trying to start it. I finally got a bigger battery and moved it to the floor board and that solved the issue. I think the big single cylinder just pulls too many amps for the teeny motorcycle battery. It's been a tough mofo though and I've been very happy with it overall. I'd buy another one for sure. It'd be nice to have some upgrades in the design and I'm sure they likely made a metric crap load of improvements since mine was new in 2005. At the time mine was new, it had the most advanced features packaged together all in one machine of any large ATV on the market. Fuel injection, independent suspension all around, hydraulic brakes and a variable speed tranny.

I have not kept up with what is new out there on 4 wheelers but if they kept up on the cutting edge and their 2005 standards they should be quite a machine.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure what the model is but we have a 1985 suzuki that is still running strong. The guys use it at camp . It is smaller than the new models but the engine is more powerful.

4. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A Kingquad or Grizzly is all I prefer to buy, as I find the front diff-lock feature to be very useful for all of the snow riding I do in early spring. I have a Grizzly currently and a couple different friends have Kingquads. The Kingquads have been very dependable and none of them have had any major issues. I find the Kingquad to have a bit higher seating position than my Grizzly (I'd prefer it a bit lower), but the ride is smoother.
    I'd buy a well taken care of one without hesitation.