Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Summit goliath treestand

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Wubba, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Wubba

Wubba Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Finally purchased the summit goliath treestand, had it out on the weekend to try it and make sure i bought the right stand.
    Lobve this stand, very easy to climb, felt safe in it from the time i left the groung to the time i returned to the ground.

now just have to wait 7 months for openng day.

Does anybody else have this stand? any tips, advice?

2. WW1

WW1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go to Third Hand Archery and get their kit. Comes with straps, bow holder (you can climb with the bow) and accessory belt for tree. As simple as it sounds the first two make it a completely different stand!! Safer and very easy to climb with the bow. Cant stress this one enough!!

3. BOWDADDY64

BOWDADDY64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same stand and you wont be dissapointed at all. First climber I've had that I felt safe enough to nap in LOL. The newer ones from Summit have their "dead metal tecnology" I just grabbed a can of spray foam insulation from the home store and sprayed inside mine and ta da! No clinks or tinks at all.

4. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I was going to say. Great products. They also just came out with clips that you attach to the upper cable to rest your lineman's rope into while you climb. Works great and now you don't have to keep moveing the line up ahead of you as you climb.
    Also get a piece of Camo cloth to wrap around the stand to conseal you when your sitting. You wrap it around after your set up. I wrapped my stand real well with gauze Camo tape as well to cover any metal.

I was wanting to buy the Goliath because the SD Viper is a little small.

Good luck and be safe.

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was also wondering about spraying "great stuff" inside the rails to make it quieter. Anyone try that?

6. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You could get a Lone Wolf and it will come quiet and no need for spraying anything :poke: ;)

7. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Apples to oranges ...both kinds of stands have there place, with that said just take your time climbing I dont see a need to spray that stuff inside the stand. I got the viper I think this year I am going to paint it and apply some grip strips to the stand. Also looking to get rid of the padding on the rails just trying to figure out what to replace it with.

8. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a huge Lone Wolf fan, with that being said for those of you that use the Summit it would pay for you to look at Tree Walker tree stands. They are more comfortable than a Summit and are lighter. Here is there website http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2