Sub-Compact Tractor Question

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Robson, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I am looking at a sub-compact tractor that will dual purposed - mowing my lawn and food plots. Specifically looking at a Kubota B7610. Here's my concern - its claimed to have 18 HP at the rear PTO. With the tractor being hydro static, will the power loss be too much to run a tiller?

2. MILKMAN

MILKMAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would think that you would be ok running a smaller tiller with this tractor, I'm sure you would no it was back there but I think it would do ok. Not exactly sure what kind of soil your gonna be working either. Nice thing about the hydrostatic is you can kinda nurse it and wont be limited by the gearing if you had to.

3. Nissen121523

Nissen121523 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We've got a 1980 Kubota B6100 HST and run a 48'' landpride tiller with no issues. This machine is only has 12HP to the PTO and does not bog down. Using our Brush Hog, it can bog down here and there but still gets the job done.

That said, i don't think you'll have any issues with the machine you're looking at as long as you don't get huge implements. Keep it within reason.

4. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 1993 Ford 1520 that is a hydrostat. It is reported to be about 19 HP at the PTO. It has run a 4' wide tiller just fine. Thick clay can bog it down some. I use it to mow lawn with a 72" belly mower. I have a 4' wide bush hog and a 4' wide disk as well. I use the tractor for everything, including food plot work. It never lets me down even though I repeatedly push its limits.

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 2014 2670 hystat, it runs a 5' tiller and a 6' finish mower on 26hp. It doesn't even know the tiller is back there but I had to put a weight kit on the front for the mower or the 3pt just picks the front of the tractor up.