Strange sightings

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I get up to pee at 3:30 and look at the old man in his underpants in the mirror and realize it is me.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have liberal friends they will pick up a round and even tip, heck even the one that moved to California. You want to see short arms when a check hits the table go out for dinner with recyclers at a conference.

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have had one weird sighting.
    I do not believe in ghosts, Bigfoot, or anything like that, but I have no idea what I actually saw.
    I was driving in the Fall, probably around 8 or 9 in the morning. Maybe 15 years ago or so. It is a country road that goes through sections of timber and then wide open farmer's fields, in rolling hill type terrain with several brushy creek drainages. All of the fields were harvested, so just stubble fields.
    I topped a rise in a huge open area where I could see a long way. Out against the horizon there was a stubble field. There was a large, brownish spot in the middle of the field, I thought it was probably an elk or perhaps a horse that had gotten out from somewhere, my first initial thought was it was definitely quite a bit bigger than a deer. While I was still really far away, I had not been over the rise but just a few seconds, farther than you'd think that an elk would spook at a rig, it took off running. It was a good 250 to 300 yards from where it was at to the edge of the field and the cover of a brushy draw.

Whatever it was, it covered that ground faster than I could believe. No horse or elk can run that fast. It also had a very strange gait. I remember immediately thinking "nothing I have ever seen, in person or on TV, runs with a gait like that", kind of loping but with an odd motion and just covered ground at a rate that made you think you were watching a fake computer animation in a movie.
    My ex-wife was with me, we have both grown up in the country and have seen a lot of domestic and wild animals in our time, and we both just looked at each other wide eyed. We both knew we'd just seen something very odd that was like no animal "normal" to the area. Neither one of us had a logical explanation. We were not drinking or anything, ha ha. We didn't even talk about it much, or to anyone else, because we knew it would just make us seem like weirdos.

I'm a pretty down to earth kind of person. I refuse to think I saw a Bigfoot, it is not logical at all. But there is no other "thing" I can relate it to.

The Old Man and oldnotdead like this.
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Weird for sure Mod It.

Can't tell you what you seen but...

There is no way the mythical Bigfoot lives.
    Millions of trailcams deployed in the woods.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been in "big foot country" in California, the natives all figure it was cast off native inbreds, or impaired.

6. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I 100% agree, I do not believe such a creature could still remain hidden from discovery after all this time. Especially after game cameras became popular. I'm not saying I think I saw a Bigfoot, just saying what I saw doesn't make any sense. What I saw did not seem to be running on only two legs either.
    Logic says it probably was something I've seen before, and that some type of optical illusion was occurring that made it appear differently. It was quite a ways away. Perhaps it was the Hussien Bolt of the elk species, and the gait was an illusion created by the distance somehow.

oldnotdead likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Weird thing happened today I went on e-bay to track an order, a sub ad caught my eye so I clicked on it. For sale on e-bay is a promotion callander for my Grandfather's construction business from 1938.

oldnotdead, JeffC and TJF like this.
  8. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    buy the calendar, be a neat thing to have on the wall at home .. ..

oldnotdead likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I bought it for my dad.

oldnotdead and JeffC like this.
  10. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty cool thing about the callander, 1938 is when he bought a lake lot on Clearwater lake near Annandale MN, and a year before he got married.

oldnotdead likes this.