Strange sightings

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Mar 16, 2023.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just know I'm not the only one to come across strange sights in the woods.
    So here is the place to tell them.

Today I came across a pile of fur in a pink blood stained bowl shaped depression. The fur was brownish red with blk. Tips and blk. Stripes. This too me says raccoon?. You may say well what's odd about that? . ZERO foot prints and zero area disturbance. Not even a hint of a track anywhere near it. I stood and glassed in every direction. Just mine and A.J.'s tracks coming in.
    No wing signs in snow no fight just a bowl shaped smooth depression. That would have had to be a huge bird in a very tight bkl locust patch

Alone likes this.
  2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    raccoons will just curl up in a ball, and sleep on the ground on leaves or tall grass ... or, it could have been a wounded Chupacabra .... :confused:

Alone likes this.
  3. Alone

Alone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't seen strange things but I've heard strange things. I heard what sounded like a woman screaming in the woods very early morning, pitch black before legal shooting. That one was strange and creepy

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mountain lion in heat, sounds just like a woman screaming.

Mod-it and Alone like this.
  5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    bobcat also ......

Alone likes this.
  6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    That's a regular accurance here especially late summer.either bobcat or raccoon. Use to put the hair up on me walking into hunt pre-dawn but have gotten use to it. Heard fishers can make some weird sounds but can't confirm that. Hhhmmm should do a search now that I'm thinking on it.

Alone likes this.
  7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I should have mentioned, assumed most knew I was walking in fresh 8 inches of snow.

Alone likes this.
  8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Think I've told this story a time or 2 here. I was at a boat landing on the Leech Lake Indian reservation one night. The landing buts up to an old Indian burial. Me and a friend were sitting in the bed of our side by side looking backward as we were leaving. Out of no where there is a white silhouette of an Indian chief in a full feather headdress with a large bow in his hand just pointing at us (pointing to get out). Me and my friend looked at each other at the exact same time and yelled "what was that!"

Surreal experience that I'll never forget and will 100% believe in paranormal happenings since that day.

oldnotdead, Alone and Suncrest08 like this.
  9. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used to hunt at Egypt Valley in Ohio and I saw and heard all kinds of weird stuff to the point I stopped hunting there. When walking to my spots in the am before light I would always have a weird sense that I was being watched then I would get anxious and I would occasionally see shadows/figures while walking with my headlamp. I would hear moaning sometimes too. Freaked me out and I’m not an anxious or easy disturbed person. I started to look up Egypt valley and turns out the area is home to ghosts and other supernatural phenomena. I don’t mess with that crap now haha.

beavertronic, Alone and oldnotdead like this.
  10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    OK those are some strange things! The closest to anything like that was while walking in one morning I suddenly heard a loud STOP!
    I literally made my skin jump under my clothes ,Iike I was wearing a jump suit someone yanked up on me. I gasped and calmed down telling my self it was all in my head WTH ! You know like when your sleeping and wake with a jolt to the sound of someone screaming your name. I hope I'm not the only one that happens to...lol

Alone likes this.
  11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a few over the years.

One that comes to mind is a time I was walking out in the dark on a piece of private land. I hunted a new spot on the very back of property. It was a 20 minute walk out. About 5 minutes into walk I heard some light whispering in the woods within 20 yards of me. It was loud enough that I heard it over my foot steps in the leaves. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned off my flash light. Just stood there in complete darkness and listened. Never heard or seen anything, so continued back to the truck. Found out later that the neighbor was sneaking in and hunting even though he was caught before. Chance it was him or maybe something else, who knows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

cantexian, Alone and oldnotdead like this.
  12. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a unexplainable event involving lights in the woods. It happened twice to me in the exact same spot and happened a couple years apart.

First time was about 30 minutes past dark. I was walking out I see a very bright light about 75 to 100 yards up in the woods. It was so bright that it lite up the entire tree. The tree was over 80 feet tall. Like a giant beam of light. I couldn't tell if was coming from the ground or from the sky. It stayed on for about 5 minutes then just turned off.

Second time was a few years later. This time it was in the morning. I setup about 1 hour before light. Just sat there in the dark. About 30 minutes past and I hear what sounds like a truck driving down a road. Then see a huge beam of light shining about 150 yards thru the woods, it's bright white. Then the freaky part. I see a big ball of light floating thru and following the beam. It looked to be about the size of a basket ball. It traveled about 150 yards thru the woods and went past me about 60 yards away. It was about 30 feet in the air and travel parallel to the ground. Then just went dark and all sounds just stopped, like a light switch. It was a weird experience. All my hair stood up, it's even doing it as I type this. This is the first time I ever told anyone about this.

Alone and Suncrest08 like this.
  13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I seen a die hard Dem buy a round of beers this evening if that counts?

14. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Aww hell Hahha

oldnotdead and Alone like this.
  15. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My dad has seen the floating ball of light you're describing, along with lots of other people around where I grew up. Apparently it is gas that combusts. It's a weird phenomenon and I can't remember all the details. Of course, that is all second hand info that I never really looked into. I was just a kid when I heard about it.

Holt likes this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ever driven a swamp area in say Florida or Georgia at night! You may see things that will send your hair on end..I have.

17. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was strange and have no way to prove or can hardly explain what it was. It happened pretty fast, maybe 15 seconds from start to finish. I've heard that lightning can produce something like it, but definitely not that. It was a clear day and no storms anywhere near me.

18. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was in a Walmart...

Wop 75 likes this.
  19. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lord......,
    That can be in a league of its own.

20. camo75