Stone Mountain Strings anyone?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Vabowman, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My Parker came with stone mountain strings and cables. i had to replace the cables shortly after i bought it. It seems there was a burr in the cam somewhere and they replaced the cam and the cable. I am still seeing some wear on the new cable in the same place. I doubt it's the cam again. Is it just a by product of a single cam bow or are these strings junk?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    While you can't rule out string build quality totally, the fact is some cam designs are just string and cable chewers.
    I can think of a handful of bows over years that had cams on them that ate cables, it wouldn't matter if the best sting builder twisted the set and the pope blessed them...give them a few months am they are tore up.

3. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    the pope blessed them!! that's funny right there. this is my first single cam so Im not used to them. the bow is a nice smooth bow and I like it. I keep hearing that single cams chew the cables..

4. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cam lean and size of serving are the causes, most of the new cam designs are not string friendly

Hutch

5. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I need to have the bow looked at for cam lean. I also read that short a2a bows are hard on cables