Still trying to get it done

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by creed1, Dec 17, 2015.

1. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So we have had very unseasonably warm temps here in central mn, much like the rest of the upper mid-west. I've been basically praying for some colder temps and snow to force the deer into my food plots in daylight. We finally got some snow yesterday and it cooled way off today and as luck would have it I had today off of work. I got into my stand about 2:45 and the west wind was perfect for this set right in my face I got in without boogering any deer I was really optimistic about my hunt. The one thing I didn't account for was my lack of cold weather endurance, by 4:30 I was soo cold I really could've cared less if I saw a deer my toes were frozen and my fingers were so cold they barely worked. I couldn't believe how miserable I was, in years past I've hunted when the temps have been well below zero and not suffered like that. I did not bring my boots with heated insoles or some hot hands to put in my hand warmer thinking that 18 degrees really isn't that cold... In the end I ended up seeing 4 deer all does and fawns and I've never been so happy to get out of the woods in all my life! I guess the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for!!!

2. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going first thing tomorrow morning to pull my stand from Up North, and bring it home and setup on open land more local that I am going to hunt for the remainder of the season. Not expected to get above 20. Perfect sitting weather.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I walked out to feed the deer this afternoon with the wind in my face I thought sure glad I am not sitting out in this crap. Since it was cold I gave the deer extra feed and cubed up some squash for them.

Tags: