Stiff trigger release

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swise660, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking for ideas on a wrist strap release that has a stiff/heavy trigger.

I currently use the Scott little bitty goose but it doesn't have a hard enough "trigger" that I want. I have a bit of an issue with punching the trigger being I feel like I can't even lay my finger on the trigger or make contact with it with out firing. Even with the set screw in about as far as I can set the stiffness on the little bitty goose, it still feels hot to me. I can't concentrate on my shot execution being I can't squeeze or touch the trigger like I am used to doing while shooting guns.

I looked into the Scott Rhino XT but read conflicting things about the feel of it and how it could be considered more of a back tension release.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Scott Rhino XT is not a back tension or even like one. It comes with a few tension springs and can be set really stiff. I shot one for a bit to get rid of some target panic. It worked good but a thumb trigger like the Scott Exxus worked better.

If you want a stiff trigger the Rhino XT can be set that way and has a range of tensions. Definitely worth a look.

3. JaminWI

JaminWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't help with wrist releases but I switched to a Scott Exxus last fall and will never go back. Absolutely love that thing!

If you can find one to try somewhere I highly recommend you give it a go. It definitely helped me get over punching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk