Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Steph Curry 2.0

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Siman/OH, May 11, 2016.

1. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think anyone said he doesn't play good defense, I just said he's not as complete overall. He's still the deserving winner of MVP, but I simply disagree with any personal award in a team sport being unanimous.

2. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I don't care about the unanimous votes or who even wins these awards. I'm just confused about any comments that would suggest he's not as complete of a player as others? He is the best shooter in the league....best ball handler in the league....very good defender....excellent leader....clutch player....etc

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Correct, I care about the unanimous vote, not you. Does your opinion matter more in regards to NBA MVP votes? I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong, I am simply stating mine and then having to defend it from people attacking it. It's ok that we disagree lol.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Team defense is what Golden State utilizes much different technique, usually used to use the sum of the parts for a stronger D than relying on individuals. Steph is serviceable but does not ever shut down the opposing teams star when matched up.

5. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just happy Lebron doesn't get it every year now. Got really tired of seeing his cocky face everywhere.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think most in the NBA are pretty cocky. LeBron is guilty of talking about himself being the only leader stepping up for his team, almost to the point that he acts like he's above/more important than his teammates. But, when it comes to Curry we get a guy who chews his mouthpiece like a moron. Both can be cocky if you ask me. Even Michael Jordan was cocky, but late 80s/early 90s cockiness was cool, today it's pretty trashy.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man he is awesome. I thought his Dad (Dell Curry) had the Quickest Release I had seen until he came along! He is an Assassin!!

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He's the best 3 point shooter that's ever played the game, that's for sure. He, Larry Bird, and Ray Allen are by far the top 3 long range shooters I've ever seen but he's the best.