Started setting up my own rig this evening.....

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by mobow, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After all the fun I had shooting Asian carp last weekend, I decided it was time to pull the trigger and set up my own bowfishing rig. I'll be doing lots more of that for sure, so it'll be worth it. Here's what I did.......

Old Bear Whitetail II with an AMS roller rest and will be installing an AMS bottle reel when they come in, hopefully tomorrow. 2 arrows that will be equipped with slide and stop and most likely an Innerlock fishing head. Should be pretty good. Smooth drawing and an old bow that I don't care that gets wet, muddy slimy and whatever else.

Ya'll got me hooked on this stuff, thanks alot! :bash: :d

2. madhunter

madhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been a few times this year too, this was my first year and I am hooked.

3. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Be sure to post pics of your carp killin' rig.

4. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great set up. :cool: Which innerloc head?

I sure wish I would have gotten John (jmbuckhunter)into some fish. I showed him the 'this is what sucky bowfishing is like' version. :cry: :cry:

5. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be using the Innerlock Grapple points. Wicked, they are. Nasty. Daddy like!

Yeah, I'm very familiar w/ that version of bowfishing. The only other time I've gone (last summer) wasn't even that good. :bash:

But I've got a couple places locally that are pretty good, one in particular is quite good. I'm hoping he and I can hook up at least one day and shoot some bigheads.

6. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    The grapple points hold great, but you might want to get an arrow with less aggressive holding tip too. I've found the grapples hold a little too good in roots and heavy clay and if you shoot in rocky bottoms they dull really fast. I use my grapple points for shooting fish in deep water. They are excellent for that.

7. mobow

mobow Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What would you suggest for a good "all around" point?

8. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    I use the regular Muzzy points for my 'all around' point. I keep grapples for bigheads and silvers.. Cajun whaler points for grassies, bigheads and big buffalo. I just started using Innerloc pro points and they're really good as long as you don't bend the barbs. (I bent mine while pulling it out of brush) Cajun piranha points are just like muzzy points. They also have long barbed pirahna points. I have some but haven't used them yet. Shure Shot Penetrators are good points too. They work a little different than a muzzy but look pretty close. I have like 20 different arrows on the boat ready to go depending on what I'm shooting for.

...but I digress..

My all around points are the standard Muzzy points. :D