Stands left on Minnesota public land

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by brianaleksivich, Oct 22, 2013.

1. brianaleksivich

brianaleksivich Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey there,
    I am a pretty novice whitetail hunter and looking for some more experienced hunter's opinions on something I have been seeing. As far as I can tell leaving a stand on state land in MN is illegal. Because I hunt on only public land at this point I purchased a climber to use. As I was doing my scouting mid-late summer I picked out what i thought were some good spots to set up with perfect trees for my climber. As the season rolled around and I made my first few trips into the woods I have found 3 hang on stands locked up in 3 of the spots I wanted to hunt. I have been mulling this over since mid september and finally decided to get some input.

What would you do about this? It is a small parcel of state land (bow hunt only) and I had picked 5 potential spots to sit, so I have some other locations I have been using but obviously three other guys have decided my prime picks were good spots to set up.

What is the etiquette standard I should follow here?

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's not their spots just cause they throw up a stand. Go hunt it whenever you want its public land

3. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Call the DNR, I think they can take those stands down. It is illegal to leave them up and technically you can sit in those stands if you really wanted to be a ****. But yeah I'd set up where ever you want and hunt it.