Stabilizer?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tc racing, Dec 8, 2021.

1. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My son is getting into competition pretty seriously now and I was wondering what a good competition stabilizer he could start out with. He has been using my 20 yr old accu flight 30" just to try out. he is 10 yrs old and loves the longer stabilizer for target shooting. He is shooting a 2009 Diamond Razor Edge pulling 30#, guessing about a 25" draw, Warrior arrows with 65gr field points. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a good shop that carries the longer bars, you're best to take him there and try a bunch. Stabilizers are definitely something better test driven than bought blind.

However, the bars are typically all the same for the most part. Its more about length and added weight on the end. If he knows the length that feels best to him, then it should be easy to just buy that length of bar and start playing with weights from there. That said, there are a lot of good bars out there. The stiffer bars are more expensive, but typically feel better and dont "bounce" as bad. Shrewd is very tough to beat, but pricey. CBE, Bee Stinger, and Dead Center are also very popular but on the high side. Take a look at Bowfinger bars. They're really good quality at a decent price.

Being he's young, he probably won't notice the difference between a 150 dollar bar and a 350 dollar bar. I'd lean toward the cheaper option until he finds the sweet spot as it may take some trial and error and money.

3. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bee stinger is my favorite, a close second would be dead center