Spot hog light?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Pro V1, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does anybody have any experience with these? I read about them & they seem legit? Just checking if anybody has any input? One of the areas I hunt is very heavy timber. We can legally shoot until a half hour after sunset but especially on a cloudy day it gets tricky shortly after sunset so I'm thinking this might work for me? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Imo the half hour time is bogus. Only shoot as late as you can see clear enough. I know that there's times that before actual sunset it is too dark to see and I've had times where I could see clear enough 45 minutes after.

3. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear yah Dan, it just pisses me off that 45 yards to my left "out" of the trees it's "considerably" lighter than where my set is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ya the stand I killed my buck out of last year is on the edge of a crp field. I have lots of light out there.

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the light on my Hogg-It, never have used it in the woods though, but shooting around the house with little to no light when practicing and it works very well. It has a dimming feature that I like a lot... so you can turn it for full brightness or turn it down some so it is not too bright giving the pins a halo effect.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got two of them. One to attach to the bow and one for blood trails. They're badazz lights.

Kilboars Hunt Club

7. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mine was great when it actually worked. It was probably just the one I had and not a problem with all of them I'm sure. It got a loose contact or something because it would always flicker on a off after having it on a few seconds or if I moved the bow. I have since started using the Cobra light from one of my old sights in my Spot Hogg.

8. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have one, but never use it. The sight pins stays bright enough to take a legal shot. The rule I use is if I cant see the sights then its to dark to shoot, and I pack it in. Also as long as its inside legal light.