Sports in school

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Itswhatwedooutdoors6, May 30, 2012.

1. Itswhatwedooutdoors6

Itswhatwedooutdoors6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How many of you played football or baseball or some type of sport in high school?

2. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    football, basketball and track for the highschool. soccer, hockey and baseball for club teams

3. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All state in track all 4 years of high school, ran cross country my senior year. 110m High Hurdles and 300m Intermediates. Was too busy in the fall to play football.

4. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Football, track and a couple years of basketball. I couldn't dribble with my left hand. LOL I was a 2 min half miler. Good for my league( I was undefeated in the regular season) Not good enough for State mention. Our league meet was the day after our senior prom. I got to bed at 3 and was up at 6. I stumbled across the finish line behind 4 people I had beat on numerous occasions. LOL My buddy ran out to catch my worn out body and I stepped on his bare foot with one of those old time track spikes. He didn't get to run the finals of the 110 hurdles. We went on to set a state record in the sprint medley relay at another meet... but didn't get to run in our league with my gimpy buddy and me out for the count. LOL

5. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I played football my Freshman and Sophomore year. Our school sucked and I was bored even though I was brought up for several Varsity games my Sophomore year. I walked away from football to focus on BMX, my brother and I raced at the National level mainly in the NBL for 4-5 years.

6. IowaBowhunter5

IowaBowhunter5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in highschool and I play football, I wrestle, and soon to be some other sport.

7. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Football and Baseball

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Football and Track and Field (100m/200m)

9. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Soccer, hockey, and baseball. Regret not playing football. Played 1 year in pop warner and don't know why that was it!!!then played 4 years of hockey in college. Played hockey my whole life!!

10. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Basketball and Track & Field in HS then Track & Field in College with All-American Honors in the Hammerthrow & Weight Throw, then top 10 national finishing marks in shotput and discus. Definitely got a lot out of my life by being in athletics and learned alot about respect, responsibility and self-motivation/discipline.

11. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Football, Hockey, Baseball, Track. I dropped out of most of all my sports my junior year. Stupidest thing i ever did. I still hold a few short distance and long distance records In track at my HS. I was probably better In football then any sport. I really believe I could've had a future (scholarship wise) as a WR at a major college had I stuck with It through HS. I had great hands and I had wheels but lacked height. Bad decision on quitting my sports In HS.

12. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Baseball, Pitched at first then I was shucked to center-field. then I was on the high school swim and diving team for Hillcrest High School In Memphis. After we won 1st place in 3 of our first diving and swimming meets our team was disbanded.

Ignorance.

I've never really care for high school to participated sports after that. Although the school I eventually graduated from Melrose High School help produced...

Rochelle Stevens

-qualified for the Olympics and went to the Olympic Games in 1992, in Barcelona, Spain. She won the silver medal for her performance in the women’s 4x400 meter relay race and came in sixth in the world in the solo 400 meter race. At the next Olympic Games, held in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1996, Stevens competed in the women’s 4x400 meter race again and this time took home the gold medal.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ran cross country & track. Played a lot of baseball when I was younger but quit after my grandpa died. It just lost its luster.

14. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I played football baseball and basketball. All-conference and all- area in all three. Went on to play college baseball for 4 years

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

15. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Football, bowling, and golf.

16. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Minus the all state part, plus the 4x100 & 4x400 relays, this was me. 300 IMH was my main focus. Ran track in college too.

17. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I fractured my skull when I was young(set that one on a tee for you Pat) so my parents would not let me play any contact sports. I was on the cross country, indoor and spring track teams.

18. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Football, Basketball, and Baseball for me....

19. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Football and baseball until I wrecked my shoulder.... played Soccer my senior year because I had friends playing and they needed a couple people... it was a blast actually... I'd have probably made at a minimum Honorable Mention "All League" at goalie but I think my rough style of play turned people off a bit... I stopped a lot of shots, and flattened a few kids that thought they could get to a ball before I could... I also may have bounced the ball of the back of a couple kids' heads and punted it right into some cocky little SOB's face once.... But that was the fun of it, and LOTS of people who could give a crap less about soccer showed up to see what might happen next... :D I held a school record for tackles in a game set my Sophomore year, that was broken about 10yrs. later, had major brachial plexus injury to my left (dominant) shoulder, and couldn't throw, and had instant stinger from the first hit of a game during my junior year... Unfortunately, that ended it for me per my coach and doctor.

20. Celtic Viking

Celtic Viking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Football all through middle school and high school, two years of Hockey in high school and I Boxed through most of my teens too, till I wrecked one of the metacarpals in my right hand.