Spook Goes To Jail ...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by gutone4me, Aug 1, 2013.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We need you in Chicago.

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What the hell are you rambling about now. Show me where I'm acting like I'm better than everyone and talking down to them in this thread. I'm have an adult conversation with other adults.

3. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Apparently, poaching doesn't bother you much.
    I think the sentence is great, but I would have liked to see a 5 year ban.

4. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hence the (something like this) in my post.

My info was from the lodge owner I visited last month. And it discouraged all of us. Either way it's a strict rule compared to other places.

You have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, because it doesn't happen as often....because of tougher laws IMO. This relates back to stricter game laws. While there will be someone who always breaks them...decreasing those times that it does happen would be beneficial.

5. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Referring to your responses each time, I get it...you don't like me, I dont like you. I think you are an arrogant jerk who overuses his moderator powers and I honestly could care less of your opinion on me. As I stated, I simply started this all off by jokingly saying don't try to reason with Dan and you got all emotionally sensitive over that statement apparently. Anywho, I'm done with you :)

6. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Detroit next please!!

7. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That would have happened in Ohio, along with about a $5-10K fine and confiscation of the deer, weapon and every piece of equipment used in the process, including his truck. And that would have been from his initial charges. God help him if he violated his probation here.

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't assume. Poaching bothers the **** out of me. I don't know that in the original charge if the deer was knowingly poached. Again, we're talking about a single deer. Not a serial poacher.

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I never hear of anyone getting a ticket for it because they don't enforce the law that hard, unless the driver is smashed. Your resort owner told you what he did to cover his own ***. I told my customers the same thing. Wouldn't look good for me if my customers told the warden or OPP that I said it was ok to be drinking in the boat. I told then what the law is, like I told you, and let them make their own decision what to do.

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Who said I didn't like you? Just been saying that you're making an *** of yourself in this thread. I appreciate your honesty about not liking me though. I can probably delete those PMs from a few months ago from you now.

As far as abusing my moderating privileges, that's funny.

11. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You get probation for about anything. Even speeding tickets.

When a giant deer is killed illegally, the punishment for such a deed is often higher. 'We' place more value on bigger deer. (Like the difference between stealing the newspaper off your porch or stealing you car.) I don't see this as the life of the deer on a pedestal, it was it's value 'stolen' from the people that made the punishment fitting.

(and no, I've never seen this guy's show, so it's not personal)

12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Son of a... Thanks Dan missed out on three pages now!! :poke:

13. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i got caught drinkin under age.. was riding in a car, had a DD, had no alcohol with us, and i got 25 hours community service, a year probation, $30 fine, and had to take SAGE classes about the evils of drugs and alcohol. and all that was after i got my under age drinking down to a illegal transportation by a passenger. i have decided that im not gonna drink till im of the legal age cause if i get caught again they will take my drivers licence away no questions asked.

now that i have that out of the way im going to agree with dan about we have bigger fish to fry other than some guy baiting ,BUT if we can stick it to someone or bump up the rules and when someone gets caught for baiting or poaching they may think wow that guy got skrewd maybe i shouldnt restock my corn pile or hunt without a tag or licence. cause i know some of my buddies learned to be smarter about there drinkin cause of me.

that is just my .02

14. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He chose and knowingly cheated the system and had the wrong license in his possession when he harvested that buck-if this is the prior thing you're referring to. He needs to man up and come clean and admit he 100% blew it, messed up and should not be admired or anything really.

15. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly. And in many states (mine included), hunting is a billion dollar + industry. Not the best arena to roll the dice in, if you know what I mean. The DNR take their laws & jobs very seriously.

16. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    You and your lodge are not what I am getting at. Its the strict laws Canada has in place I am referring to...that deter at least a few more ppl from breaking them IMO.

There need to be stricter game laws in place and they need to be enforced. Put him in jail, throw the book at him, set an example ....deterring others from making the same decisions.

17. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Did he do it knowingly? He shot it on land he leased and claimed he thought he could use the tag there, from what I read.

18. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly.

19. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now this thread has totally lost its luster for me..... :sad:

20. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, throw a guy in jail, which are overcrowded, for killing a deer on the wrong side of the fence. While at the same time, let the child molesters go, because there isn't enough room in our jails. I'm talking about killing a single deer here, not a multiple repeat offender. No thanks, we have bigger problems in this country.