spine suggestion

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JesseHunts, Dec 13, 2016.

1. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys i shoot a HTX maxed out with 70lb limbs and a 27 inch draw and im ordering new black eagle rampages with my set up i am on the line between 350 spine and 300 what would you recommend i do ?

2. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    i know that some people will go to a 300 spine if they use the lighter half out insert, to add more weight up front and if they use the Heavier half out insert they will go with a 350 spine right now i shoot the deep impacts at about 416 grains and i get 271 roughly out of my bow looking to pick up a little speed if that helps at all without sacrificing to much weight thinking of trying to go around 400 grains

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a heavier spine believer.

4. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i would go with the 300's. your bow is shooting a good speed and to me speed isnt as important as penetration. you only looking at dropping 16g thats not gonna pick up alot of speed. i would try and get the arrow that keeps your foc higher. it will help carry the momentum and penetrate better

5. azielinski34

azielinski34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Arrow Sizing Chart
    From the looks of the chart with your arrow length the 350's would actually be better for you if your maxed out at 70lbs...if you were able to go above 70lbs then you could go with the 300's,

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Pitzer your not really going to gain much other than a few fps. If you still order, I would go with the 300's. I like being a little stiff :lmao2:

In all seriousness though I do prefer to have an arrow on the stiffer side than being on the other end.

Your setup you should be fine, but remember you can actually lose out on penetration going lighter and faster. A lot of guys think you can shoot little light toothpicks really fast and think they have tons of power. Well in a really well placed shot you might be fine but if that little toothpick hit a rib it has a high probability that it could stop and not penetrate. A little slower arrow that has some mass to it will have that driving force to drive into that bone and keep going. A 416 grain deep impact at 271 fps would be my choice if I was you instead of going to a lighter arrow to gain a small amount of fps.

7. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    i can get these rampages weighting roughly the same aswell if i decide to go with rampages over the deep impacts

8. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    if i went with 300 spine id be right around 410 grains and a 350 spine id be around 397