South Florida Hunters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Chago, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone on here from South Florida? I may potentially get shipped down there for work for a few years. I am here visiting family and potentially set up a huge build contract. I am coming from Canada where crown land and rural farms are everywhere. What about down there? Are the everglades open to hunting? I imagine mostly gators and waterfowl only? Can you shoot rifles out there? White tail deer I imagine are only in north florida?

2. trkytrack2

trkytrack2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whitetail deer are all over Florida. Hunting them in certain areas can be tough. South Florida is 90% swamp and hunters get around in airboats and swamp buggies. Just about impossible to get around without one or the other. Central/Northern Florida is more of what you would be use to deer hunting. Here is a site for information. Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Also you can Goggle Florida Bowhunting and find sites that you can get info from. (The hog hunting is fantastic in Florida too and a plus is the magnificent turkey hunting). I am from Florida. Lived there 30 years before heading west....no elk, sheep, moose or mountain goat in Florida.

3. diesel305

diesel305 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Kool thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk