Sony HXR-MC50U

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Cheekme99, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Cheekme99

Cheekme99 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Need help figuring out how to hook my camcorder to my laptop to watch-edit my videos, just got the camera and when I hoop it up says no files are found and sometimes it says I need to download an app? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry man, no help here. I always record to SD cards in my cameras even if they have internal storage. Then I can pull the SD card and put it into a reader and simply drag/drop files onto my PC. I would assume that you can plug your camera into your PC and after the drivers are installed that the PC would look at the camera as a disk drive and let you drag them to your PC hard drive. If you are trying to play them right off of the camera through the PC, the USB cable might be the issue as it might not allow for high enough transmission speeds for real play back. I honestly am not sure though and am grasping at straws. Did you try downloading the app that it suggests? It might need the app to run the specific Codec that the camera is using.

3. Cheekme99

Cheekme99 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No I think you just cracked the case for me though! I just completely realized I did not have a SD card in my camera. I just got this camera and was messing around with it, my old camera recorded off tapes so that’s why I never thought about that! About to try recording with the SD card in and see if I can do anything then. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

DEC likes this.